silly questions! but.... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2005, 04:03   #1 (permalink)
THE CAR CHICK!!!1985

silly questions! but....

i have a couple of simple and quick questions. ok i have station wagon eb series 2 1992 etc.
1) what is an xh snorkel? what does it do?
2) has anyone recovered there seats? is it easy to do?
3) recarpeting how much would i be looking at? is it easy to do yourself?
4) where is a good tint place in qld brisbane? what tint would be reccommended and how much would it be roughly?

ok thanks!
cheekybabe85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2005, 04:23   #2 (permalink)
w w w .eafalcon. c o m

Re: silly questions! but....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekybabe85
i have a couple of simple and quick questions. ok i have station wagon eb series 2 1992 etc.
1) what is an xh snorkel? what does it do?
2) has anyone recovered there seats? is it easy to do?
3) recarpeting how much would i be looking at? is it easy to do yourself?
4) where is a good tint place in qld brisbane? what tint would be reccommended and how much would it be roughly?

ok thanks!
Hi cheekybabe,

1) XH snorkel is just the air intake 'snorkel' which sucks air into the airbox, through the filter, into your throtle body, then into the engine, you get the idea, they are slightly bigger then the standard snorkel on EA-ED and look better, so less restrictive won't really do much performance wise.
2) Nope, and no idea sorry. :(
3) There is a place , that make carpet to fit any car, about $150 max any colour, i don't know the name of the company sorry, but could find out, pretty easy job, just remove seats, and scuff plates, centre console etc.
4)Try a reputible tint company, do you have Tint-a-Car, or Tint Professor up there ? Roughly $300.

Hope this helps, try adding a .AU to your forum browser for a more informative and active Aussie Ford site. :)

Cheers,

Damian
Old 08-02-2005, 14:05   #3 (permalink)
THE CAR CHICK!!!1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpk83
Hi cheekybabe,

1) XH snorkel is just the air intake 'snorkel' which sucks air into the airbox, through the filter, into your throtle body, then into the engine, you get the idea, they are slightly bigger then the standard snorkel on EA-ED and look better, so less restrictive won't really do much performance wise.
2) Nope, and no idea sorry. :(
3) There is a place , that make carpet to fit any car, about $150 max any colour, i don't know the name of the company sorry, but could find out, pretty easy job, just remove seats, and scuff plates, centre console etc.
4)Try a reputible tint company, do you have Tint-a-Car, or Tint Professor up there ? Roughly $300.

Hope this helps, try adding a .AU to your forum browser for a more informative and active Aussie Ford site. :)

Cheers,

Damian
thanks
Old 08-03-2005, 08:55   #4 (permalink)

Will add that the XH is a UTE with a different snorkel than the sedan, so simply, it's a UTE snorkel. :)

Any Auto trimmer can recover your seats. Depending on what you want them covered in it can be done cheaply or up to a few thousand for leather. The simple option is buy some second hand seats from either an EA-EB-ED and fit them. Look out for fairmont or fairmont ghia seats as they are the luxury to be had.

With the carpet, they charge more depending on how deep you want the pile.
Try this place www.knoxautocarpets.com.au They will deliver a fitted piece, made for your car for under $150. (minimum $130 including delivery up to $175 for the best available)
Colours available are - black, dark brown, tan, beige, burgundy, charcoal grey, light grey, light blue, dark blue, dark green, USA red & turquoise..

re, tint... My advise is get it done ASAP. most places offer discount cos its winter and prices can be as low as half prive. If you wait til summer you'll pay a lot more.
Old 08-03-2005, 16:28   #5 (permalink)
THE CAR CHICK!!!1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by JADED6
Will add that the XH is a UTE with a different snorkel than the sedan, so simply, it's a UTE snorkel. :)

Any Auto trimmer can recover your seats. Depending on what you want them covered in it can be done cheaply or up to a few thousand for leather. The simple option is buy some second hand seats from either an EA-EB-ED and fit them. Look out for fairmont or fairmont ghia seats as they are the luxury to be had.

With the carpet, they charge more depending on how deep you want the pile.
Try this place www.knoxautocarpets.com.au They will deliver a fitted piece, made for your car for under $150. (minimum $130 including delivery up to $175 for the best available)
Colours available are - black, dark brown, tan, beige, burgundy, charcoal grey, light grey, light blue, dark blue, dark green, USA red & turquoise..

re, tint... My advise is get it done ASAP. most places offer discount cos its winter and prices can be as low as half prive. If you wait til summer you'll pay a lot more.
ok thanks for the reply it really helped.
Old 08-03-2005, 19:16   #6 (permalink)
Pimpin the chrome

Quote:
I would have never guessed :S

EF head | EF XR6 Cam |Pacemaker 3320(?) extractors | Hiflo cat
3:23 | Auto | XH Snorkle | Thermos | 2.5" Mandrel Exhaust
Full NC2 Sportsman Interior inc Dash & Electrics
Custom Clear Tailights and Garnish
Sprint kit | Moffat front bar (soon) | king lows
FTR Chrome Rims | Driving lights | Custom ED Mesh grill
Pioneer of the Clear ED tailights
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 07:27   #7 (permalink)

I have a feeling she didn't know though InitalD.
Was hardly info for you.
Old 08-04-2005, 15:24   #8 (permalink)
THE CAR CHICK!!!1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by JADED6
I have a feeling she didn't know though InitalD.
Was hardly info for you.
i knew it was a ute part but i didnt know what enhancement it does for a ford falcon eb station wagon or any other car for a matter of fact!
Old 08-04-2005, 20:34   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekybabe85
i knew it was a ute part but i didnt know what enhancement it does for a ford falcon eb station wagon or any other car for a matter of fact!
What do you mean by that remark?
RAVEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 21:18   #10 (permalink)
THE CAR CHICK!!!1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSIWGN
What do you mean by that remark?
it wasnt mean to be taken as a smart remark just a comment saying i do know so to all please do not take offence to it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons