Originally Posted by gtrotter
Today I replaced the BEM on my EF GLi wagon. As the car is a wagon and has no boot release switch, how do I activate the smartlock module's learn mode to program the key pads?
The press boot release three times thing that has been floating around in these forums and is 100% WRONG and does not work(trust me we tried).
You actually need to use the rear demister button(which makes more sense obviously because all models have it).
Here is the procedure posted by TaraHymen previously on here:
1. Ensure Ignition Switch is in the OFF Position.
2. Turn the Key to Accessories Position.
3. Within 5 Seconds, press the Demister Button exactly 3 times.
4. The Door Locks will change state.
This indicates the Smartlock System is in Learn Mode.
All previous Keypad Codes have now been erased.
5. Press any Button on the Keypad.
The New Code will be learnt and the Door Locks will change state twice.
This indicates the Keypad (Maximum of 4 Keypads) has been trained.
(All Keypads must be trained at the same session)
6. Once all the Keypads have been trained;
Turn the Ignition Key to either the Ignition or OFF Position.
The door locks will change state once.
(This indicates that the vehicle is now in normal mode)