smatlock issues. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2004, 22:07   #1 (permalink)

smatlock issues.

Hi, I am in the process of fitting an EB inline six to a 1984 landcruiser. The motor is in and the wiring is looking like a problem. What is the quickest way around smartlock? the engine I have is from a legitimate source (wreckers) but My auto elec see's smartlock as a problem. Can I fit an aftermarket ecu without spending mega bucks or is there an easy solution. I think the auto elec said something about getting the computer decoded? is this a long oor expensive process? Any thoughts or comments would be greatly apprecaited.
Cheers,
Justin
Buggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2004, 23:14   #2 (permalink)
Experienced Ford Member

Re: smatlock issues.

smartlock only came on very late EB's ll ,so it may not have it ,i would think it would be as simple as not wiring the smart lock side of things up ,it wasn't actually the engine with smart lock anyway i don't think ,i hope that helps
THEONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 01:43   #3 (permalink)
MY GHIA

if it is a eb11 ecu u will need a smartlock unit or it won't start full stop get a eb1 ecu up to 1/92 u can get a smartlock disabler ecu but they are $250 last time i checked
Old 07-23-2004, 17:13   #4 (permalink)

Thanks guys, I've definately got a later model EB, I guess my research wasn't all that thorough. Where can I get a Smartlock disabler unit from?
Or can I just run a pre smartlock computer on the same loom as a, later, smartlocked engine?
Thanks again, I'm going to go and punch my auto elec in the face now, he's had the car for 4 weeks now claiming this was the only headache.
Cheers,
Justin
Old 07-23-2004, 18:32   #5 (permalink)

why not just wire in the smart lock? then you have a great immobiliser.

http://www.fpvtickfordclubwa.com.au/phpBB2/index.php

http://www.tweecer.com

http://www.icenet.com.au/~pie
eb2flyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 03:02   #6 (permalink)
MY GHIA

i think not 2 sure but ford sells the disabler yeah a nonsmartlock ecu will work get a eb1 one not ea ,and im sure this would be a much cheaper option than the disabler by far
Old 07-24-2004, 17:43   #7 (permalink)
NZ
feed me hey

it all depends on what transmission he will be running - from the sounds of it it will be a manual so he'd need to get a manual version. If auto then it would have to be EB2 but pre smartlock which is only an 8 month window he can pick from. Not too difficult tho because remember moast cars were auto anyway.
Old 07-24-2004, 18:26   #8 (permalink)

Yep it's a manual I'll try and get a eb series 1 manual computer, if not I guess I'll fork the cash for a disabler. I'd love the smartlock but apparently the auto elec can't do it. I wasn't aware that there was a great difference between the auto and manual computers on an EB.
Cheers,
Justin
Old 07-24-2004, 18:40   #9 (permalink)
NZ
feed me hey

Actually you should just get an EA or EB1 computer - any version to run it. The auto versions in the earlier cars will run a manual just not eb2 onward.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons