Sorry guys, I traded the EA in on a... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2004, 03:49   #1 (permalink)
400 kg ego

frown Sorry guys, I traded the EA in on a...

G'day all. Something sad to report that I thought would never happen. I've been agonising over the figures for completeing the EA project, factoring in the space for storage, the time and the sheer volume of work (both working on the car and working to fund it) required to reach my goals is just not going to happen.I still have a fascination with turbocharged motoring, so have decided to cut my losses and buy a nice VL Turbo I've found with VT SS mags. I took it for a test drive today and thought it was really sik and stuff.

Now that I have your attention here's the real story without the bullshit.

The EA is currently in the garage without a bonnet. Rawlinna and I have been working on removing the engine, and the new item from Joe (gm dstroya) is still on its way pretty soon. The thing is that now I appreciate what a bastard of a job this all is and I've now made the decision that I am going to get this set-up right first time. That now means new EF V8 radiator, new AU accessories and serpentine belts. I've decided I'm willing to wait if it means doing it right, but unfortunately it will all take time.

Meanwhile I have bought a new car to replace my faithful Laser. I don't know if you'll like it but I'm on top of the moon myself :s5. I've stepped outside of my blue oval comfort zone and bought a Mazda. However, it does have some Ford blood in it - the base model version shares its 2.5 litre V6 with the Probe/Telstar.

Meet the Eunos 800M. In 1994 it was the new $78,000 top model of Mazda's premium 'Eunos' range. The Eunos badge went the way of the dodo a few years later, though the 800M in facelifted form was known as the Mazda Millenia before its demise in 2003. The innovative technology and depth of quality is outstanding, yet due to the orphan status of the Eunos badge, I've bought a lovely example for just over 12 grand.

In a nutshell, it's powered by a 2.3 litre supercharged "Miller Cycle" V6, with an unorthodox combustion process, which gives similar performance to a standard auto 4.0-5.0 Aussie car of the time, with the fuel economy of a much smaller vehicle. It's equipped with 4 wheel steering to give a smaller turning circle than most small cars (this was a priority given it's replacing a Laser). Other highlights include the Bose six-stack CD audio, some of the highest paintwork standards in the world at the time, loads of safety features (switchable traction control, dual airbags, ABS) and styling which still turns heads. In all honesty, the sheer individuality of the car is the best thing of all.

It's a supremely serene, sweet and smooth thing to drive and I struck a deal on the spot. I take delivery within a couple of days. Wheels and lowering will be necessary at some stage, but no performance mods that will compromise refinement... that's what the EA is for. Below is a pic of the car, that admittedly doesn't do it justice.

Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2004, 03:55   #2 (permalink)

Re: Sorry guys, I traded the EA in on a...

wow
thats quite an upgrade from the laser jack!

u had me scared when i read the first bit... i mean really.. we can't expect u to abandon the ol EA can we :)
Does it have laether?

I seriously hope u don't have any problems with it though.... i can't even begin to imagine how expensive parts for that kinda car would be!
1995 EF II Falcon GLi: Heritage Green, 4spd Auto, AUII 17" Rims, Custom BA Front Bar, Lowered, Gas Research LPG, Clear Indicators, JVC MP3 Headunit, Phoenix Gold 6.5" Splits, Coustic 481QE Amp, Clarion 12" sub, Leather Seats, Power Window Conversion, 3.45 LSD, Pacemaker Comp Extractors, 2.5" Exhaust, Mandrel Bent Intake, High Flow Filter, Wade 1004 110 cam.

In Progress: BA XR Side Skirts, BA XR Rear bar, BA Shifter Handle.

Want your EF on effalcon.com? Drop me a PM!
E-Series Club Stickers Here!

E-Series Moderator/Membership Officer/Webmaster/Cruise Official
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 04:02   #3 (permalink)
400 kg ego

Yes it has leather, which isn't actually my preference but there's just no choice in this segment.

The technology is the one thing that scared me at first, but considering the car has an excellent reputation for reliability it isn't a big concern. It's a one-owner car apparently owned by an old man with full service history. Aside from the 4WS system shared with the 929 it's not too radical. There's a whine from the engine but that's the supercharger.

Cheers.
Old 09-15-2004, 04:15   #4 (permalink)

i nearly had a fit when i read the first bit of your post!!!

what type of money tree do you have growing??? I spose you are going to sell the enunos when the EA Project is finished???

94 ED Futura
PROUD TQE OPERATOR
13.822 @ 99.67MPH - Willowbank 05/08/2006
OED666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 04:16   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OED666
I spose you are going to sell the enunos when the EA Project is finished???
Hahah, with the amount of work Jack is doing to the EA, i wouldn't trust it as far as i could drive it as a daily driver!
1995 EF II Falcon GLi: Heritage Green, 4spd Auto, AUII 17" Rims, Custom BA Front Bar, Lowered, Gas Research LPG, Clear Indicators, JVC MP3 Headunit, Phoenix Gold 6.5" Splits, Coustic 481QE Amp, Clarion 12" sub, Leather Seats, Power Window Conversion, 3.45 LSD, Pacemaker Comp Extractors, 2.5" Exhaust, Mandrel Bent Intake, High Flow Filter, Wade 1004 110 cam.

In Progress: BA XR Side Skirts, BA XR Rear bar, BA Shifter Handle.

Want your EF on effalcon.com? Drop me a PM!
E-Series Club Stickers Here!

E-Series Moderator/Membership Officer/Webmaster/Cruise Official
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 04:17   #6 (permalink)
No longer around

that looks like the boss of our companies old car. i'll try and find out where he sold it ( but he doesnt talk to us down here much lol........aint a bad thing trust me)

he had gone to great lengths to explain the miller cycle motor, which i have now forgotten lol.

he traded it in on some massive new mazda import that looks fully awesome, its got bloody everything
MADNC_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 04:22   #7 (permalink)
400 kg ego

Could be the same guy Wayne, there aren't that many of these around. Don't worry, I've done much research into the Miller Cycle and I don't get it either, which is why I say 'unorthodox combustion process'. As far as I'm aware, the only new car to feature Miller Cycle technology is the Toyota Prius.

OED, I've taken out a car loan for this, it may be a while before I own it outright. And the EA's days as a daily driver are long gone, it's a Heathcote machine now.

1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia turbo/GL replica (underway)
1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Old 09-15-2004, 04:27   #8 (permalink)
The Guy You Love To Hate

Glad you didnt abandon us for the VL brigade.

Those Eunos's are very nice, great quality. Glad urhappy with ur purchase, dont neglect the ol EA tho!

Just another Eseries...
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 04:39   #9 (permalink)
Operation E-Series Hoon™

Oh well, the EA project has just been put 4 years behind schedule.

Well done with the purchase mate, looks good!

You coming to the dyno day this week jack? Care to spectate? or even put the new car on the dyno? :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yagz
Stop putting stupid yagz quotes in your stupid signatures you stupid people!
Yagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 04:57   #10 (permalink)
400 kg ego

Cheers guys. T_Terror, the EA is at a stage right now where it needs time rather than money, but it's scary how quickly I could blow 12 grand on it and still have it incomplete. That's why I'm doing it over time. I don't even count the VL as a true Aussie car like the Falcon six; I'd sooner die than downgrade. :s5

Yagz, well I could have the EA on the road in N/A/auto/3.08/decompressed form within a month or two depending on how hard the new engine proves to install. I hope I can break into the 18 second bracket in this form, but probably not! Then there's the piping etc stage which should bring me into the 14s. But we all know I'm aiming higher than that, and allocating 2 grand for the transmission, 3 grand for the fuel system, 5 grand for the paint etc etc is a pretty scary commitment and I am no longer willing to take it all on at once. :sad:

Thanks for the reminder about the dyno day, I'll make every effort to spectate, with the camera too. Speaking of which, here's the most recent pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eaengineout1.jpg (40.1 KB, 104 views)
File Type: jpg eaengineout2.jpg (56.5 KB, 93 views)

1989 Ford Fairmont Ghia turbo/GL replica (underway)
1994 Eunos 800M
1990 Ford Laser S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons