Speed Limiter! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2007, 13:53   #1 (permalink)
FIGURE EIGHTS

Speed Limiter!

Hi all,just wondering if anyone can tell me whats involved to remove speed limiter on my 93 manual ED Futura?The car hits a brick wall at between 180-190kph which can be quite annoying when youve still got another gear to go!
My other vehicle is an auto EB wagon(N.z assembled) and does not have a limiter.Is this just a manual thing or what?I used to own a 94 EF manual gli an this was limited too..Please help if my Holden mates find out im doomed!
NASTY4D is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2007, 17:27   #2 (permalink)

Re: Speed Limiter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASTY4D
Hi all,just wondering if anyone can tell me whats involved to remove speed limiter on my 93 manual ED Futura?The car hits a brick wall at between 180-190kph which can be quite annoying when youve still got another gear to go!
My other vehicle is an auto EB wagon(N.z assembled) and does not have a limiter.Is this just a manual thing or what?I used to own a 94 EF manual gli an this was limited too..Please help if my Holden mates find out im doomed!
ou need to change the prop shaft or it;s going to fall out when you go faster and flash the puta to remove the limita .
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 18:51   #3 (permalink)

yep do the puter and EF's sark the rectum 180 is the limiter on all fords with those limiters

220ish is the max i know of out of a slightly modified EA spak wagon with standard tail shaft and all
cars are a lethal weapon,your not invinsible when you get into one,and no matter how much skill you think you have,you are never in control you are always on the edge of death it may not happen today but if you keep driving like you do,you too will end up dead!
hoon69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 19:49   #4 (permalink)
FIGURE EIGHTS

Am i correct that you guys are referring to my "drive shaft",i thought we were talking e.c.u. 's here...Ive been told i need to get the engine computer chipped to allow the car past 180kph..
thanks
NASTY4D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 23:52   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASTY4D
Am i correct that you guys are referring to my "drive shaft",i thought we were talking e.c.u. 's here...Ive been told i need to get the engine computer chipped to allow the car past 180kph..
thanks
Correct , and around 220 or less the drive shaft gets a harmonic which rips universals apart due to the lenght , so you have to budget for a two peice shaft as well... unless you dont intend doing 200+ then you dont need the chip . trust me a shaft through the floor of you car makes a VERY loud BANG.
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons