Sqeezin a bit of Performance out - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2009, 18:55   #1 (permalink)

Sqeezin a bit of Performance out

OK so myself and 6 other friends bought ourslves a car each for 100 bucks.

I got an EA falcon series 1 the 3.9 l carby one. 3spd auto :(

as this is for a derby of sorts, in a paddock i want to squeese a bit more go out of my car, have allready been beaten quick easily by a 1985 barina and a 1990 Magna in a drag race of sorts so i would like any tips on how to make it go a bit faster(not including removing the seats or doors or thigns like that)

I'm gonna put some nice thick oil in it which might help, but otherwise any suggestions?
Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2009, 02:16   #2 (permalink)

Re: Sqeezin a bit of Performance out

advance the timing with the distributer mate unbolt it and turn it anti clockwise by about 5 to 6mm better take off u better hav some good tyres 4 grip coz she'll wanna spin lots more than normal gives it alot more low end grunt well does in my el spins sick on bitty
jazzamak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons