Unichip after sales service - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2004, 06:15   #1 (permalink)

mad Unichip after sales service

Last year I bought (2) Fairlane G220's. One for my brother and one for me. We contacted Herrods to enquire about performance enhancement. They suggested Unichip, Extractors, exhaust, air intake. About a $5000 package per car.
Some 9 months later the unichip in my Fairlane failed. I am in Qld so I contacted Herrods who didnt' want to know me. Would not return phone calls or emails over a 2 month period. Finally got them on the phone and they tell me that they no longer deal with unichip. Rob promised he would this time return my call. Surprise, surprise...nothing. I expected better. I didn't ask for a unichip, I asked Herrods for performance enhancement. Funny thing is, I was on the verge of purchasing a Herrod DJR Falcon. Well, not now. No Way.. Finally I booked my Fairlane into the Qld unichip dealer in Brisbane. 6 week wait to get in. My car has been with them a week and a half. Can not even get them to return my calls. I have been told that the unichip is in did stuffed and I will have to pay the Qld dealer $1500 for the fitting of the new unichip and take up the battle for a warranty claim with unichip. I am in search of a quality car technician in Queensland who provides some level of service and courtesy.
VenomTE50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2004, 09:18   #2 (permalink)
AUTS50 #012

Re: Unichip after sales service

That is pretty bad if Herrod's don't want to know you because they no longer deal with a product that they used to sell. Did the car get the upgrade at Herrods here in Melbourne? or the Unichip dealer in Qld? either way, pretty disgraceful.

Contact Peter from Unichip, aka aps on these forums to see if he can help you out. Sounds like a pass the buck type of situation here, nobody wants to take responsibility for the faulty chip. I'd be p!ssed if 9 months down the track I had to pay for another chip, and then try to claim my money back from Unichip. What's that crap about? The people who installed the chip should be held liable for the price of a new chip, and they should be the ones chasing a warranty claim from Unichip.
012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 14:12   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUGZMK
That is pretty bad if Herrod's don't want to know you because they no longer deal with a product that they used to sell. Did the car get the upgrade at Herrods here in Melbourne? or the Unichip dealer in Qld? either way, pretty disgraceful.

Contact Peter from Unichip, aka aps on these forums to see if he can help you out. Sounds like a pass the buck type of situation here, nobody wants to take responsibility for the faulty chip. I'd be p!ssed if 9 months down the track I had to pay for another chip, and then try to claim my money back from Unichip. What's that crap about? The people who installed the chip should be held liable for the price of a new chip, and they should be the ones chasing a warranty claim from Unichip.
My Fairlanes went straight from the factory to Herrods in Melbourne. My issue is that I asked Herrods for a performance enhancement package. Herrods provided this package, I believe Herrods should have ensured I was being looked after and compensated and that Herrods should chased unichip for compensation. I dealt with Herrods not unichip! Late news. Finally got an email from Herrods this morning. Says that he has passed my concerns onto Peter at aps.
Old 09-16-2004, 14:55   #4 (permalink)
rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomTE50
My Fairlanes went straight from the factory to Herrods in Melbourne. My issue is that I asked Herrods for a performance enhancement package. Herrods provided this package, I believe Herrods should have ensured I was being looked after and compensated and that Herrods should chased unichip for compensation. I dealt with Herrods not unichip! Late news. Finally got an email from Herrods this morning. Says that he has passed my concerns onto Peter at aps.

that must be the power of the Forum's

i understand you delt with Herrod's but if they are not providing the back-up service then go direct & give Peter or Rainer a call @ A.P.S. in Melbourne they will point you in the right direction & i am sure they will go out of there way to help you as always

you will find his details here

http://www.airpowersystems.com.au/au...us_dealers.htm

regards
rod
Old 09-16-2004, 22:11   #5 (permalink)
aps

Quote:
Last year I bought (2) Fairlane G220's. One for my brother and one for me. We contacted Herrods to enquire about performance enhancement. They suggested Unichip, Extractors, exhaust, air intake. About a $5000 package per car.
Some 9 months later the unichip in my Fairlane failed. I am in Qld so I contacted Herrods who didnt' want to know me. Would not return phone calls or emails over a 2 month period. Finally got them on the phone and they tell me that they no longer deal with unichip. Rob promised he would this time return my call. Surprise, surprise...nothing. I expected better. I didn't ask for a unichip, I asked Herrods for performance enhancement. Funny thing is, I was on the verge of purchasing a Herrod DJR Falcon. Well, not now. No Way.. Finally I booked my Fairlane into the Qld unichip dealer in Brisbane. 6 week wait to get in. My car has been with them a week and a half. Can not even get them to return my calls. I have been told that the unichip is in did stuffed and I will have to pay the Qld dealer $1500 for the fitting of the new unichip and take up the battle for a warranty claim with unichip. I am in search of a quality car technician in Queensland who provides some level of service and courtesy.
Just read your post so sorry for my delay in responding. Please call me at work On 03 9761 7244 and we will help you get this problem sorted out quick smart.

Thankyou

Peter

APS
aps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 02:02   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Thanks Pete.

Regards
Russ
russellw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2004, 06:18   #7 (permalink)
AUTS50 #012

Well done Peter on your behalf, shame about the other..

Venom TE50, please let us know how things go. Would be good to hear. Post back on this thread when sorted.

ps: Forget the DJR 320 and get the an BAII XR6T. With the change left over you'd have a much quicker Falcon for the same price of a DJR...much quicker!
Old 09-17-2004, 06:27   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUGZMK
Well done Peter on your behalf, shame about the other..

Venom TE50, please let us know how things go. Would be good to hear. Post back on this thread when sorted.

ps: Forget the DJR 320 and get the an BAII XR6T. With the change left over you'd have a much quicker Falcon for the same price of a DJR...much quicker!
Great to get a response. Any response. I will contact Peter next week, however I still believe Herrods should have compensated me and then sought their own compensation with unichip. Again, I say I engaged Herrods to enhance my Fairlanes, not Unichip. Will keep you posted. Many thanks Ford Forum. I am now going to become a donating member. This site has helped me so much. Re the BAII XR6T. It will be a great car, I am just a bit one eyed when it comes to performance. It's just gotta be an eight!
Old 09-17-2004, 06:41   #9 (permalink)
AUTS50 #012

Quote:
I still believe Herrods should have compensated me and then sought their own compensation with unichip.
You're right there. As a once famous bearded Radio/TV personality would say, ..Shame, shame, shame.

Quote:
Re the BAII XR6T. It will be a great car, I am just a bit one eyed when it comes to performance. It's just gotta be an eight!
I know exactly what you sayin'. The XR6T's are kickin' some butt now in the performance game, but a V8 is too addictive.
Old 09-17-2004, 06:54   #10 (permalink)
The SB Slayer

Quote:
Sad to hear that.Some products aren't really what there suppose to be and we the consumers always cop it.I think service is just as important as the product itself.

Introducing the Boss 290 powerplant
The Boss 290 combines the best of both worlds, with race-bred power and everyday comfort. The awe-inspiring Boss 290 is a powerplant unlike any ever built in this country and comes to life on Australia's only current V8 production line.
FPVGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons