What can the chiptorqe do? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2005, 01:04   #1 (permalink)
Mcccli

What can the chiptorqe do?

Can the chiptorque: - accomodate for different sized injectors (ie. can it vary the current pulse rate settings)
- accomdate for a larger map sensor
- can it (and i highly doubt it but can only wish) run an auxiliary injector??

Basically I know I need to be able to retard the timing at higher rpm and higher boost (with my turbo setup when it goes on), which I need to know if the chiptorque can do.
If it cant, there is a chip available from autospeed for pretty cheap with a controller which allows you to run an auxiliary injector AND program/tune it yourself (if you have access to an a:f meter). And to this my question is, can I assume I could run this chip as well as the chiptorque??
(Any alternatives, ideas etc are welcomed)
Thanks guys
mcccy005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2005, 02:26   #2 (permalink)
345kw of V8 Windsor Power

Re: What can the chiptorqe do?

Not sure if it can accomodate larger injectors however it is a standard feature of the Tweecer edit. I highly doubt it will cope with a different MAP (fords use a frequency based MAP unlike most aftermarket ones which are straight voltage). And no, it can not accomodate extra injectors, you will need a fuel only add on computer to do that.

You should really look at a stand alone computer to handle all the engine related stuff. The EMS stinger is a nice cheap unit with plenty of features and will tune your engien far better than a chiptorque chip and add on injectors etc. When you do this get some decent sized injectors and you will have a good package.
EDXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 19:35   #3 (permalink)
Mcccli

Its gonna cost a good $2500 for injectors and a new management system....the tweecer is going to be more expensive than the stinger by the time I get it fitted and tuned properly.
ON the other hand, if i pick up a couple of injectors, and use the autospeed chip i was talking about, I could provide the extra fuel using the autospeed chip and some injectors and use the chiptorque to change the timing for around half the price of the EMS, and this all includes tuning!
An extra $1250 is a lot of money when I can run an extra couple of smaller injectors.
Old 05-06-2005, 19:47   #4 (permalink)

Yeah I know what you are saying, it is a lot of cost but often it works out cheaper to do it properly the first time (as I have found out). I am sure you will be able to get the chip and extra injectors working OK but it will never be the same as a fully tuned system. Also unlike a NA setup where a bad tune will still work, on forced induction cars it takes a split second to blow a head gasket or worse.
Old 05-07-2005, 05:29   #5 (permalink)

A custom chip from chiptorque:
Can run larger injectors
Can be programed with less timing for turbo/supercharged applications
Cannot run a different MAP as EDXR8 discussed. So you are limited to about 9psi with the stock MAP.
Cannot run auxillary injectors. A chiptorque module only modifies the fuel and ignition mapping points. It doesnt add any new functions to the standard computer.

Cheers
blown EF 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 18:28   #6 (permalink)
Mcccli

Any ideas on the cost of this custom chip thing? I know when I rang it was about $595 installed and dyno tested but I'm guessing thats for the module your talking about??
Is the stock map sensor really capable of up to 9psi?? I always thought it could cope with about 3psi, but be pushed to 6psi! (Don't plan on running too much more for the time being anyway)
Old 05-07-2005, 20:52   #7 (permalink)

Well the chiptorque custom chips cost $595, but thats not dyno tuned as there is no one here to do that. You have to give chiptorque your specs over the phone and they will then just make it up for you. And no the stock MAP sensoe cannot read any boost, it measures 30mmHg vacuum (sea level pressure) to 0mmHg.
Old 05-07-2005, 20:59   #8 (permalink)

Well the chiptorque custom chips cost $595, but thats not dyno tuned as there is no one here to do that. You have to give chiptorque your specs over the phone and they will then just make it up for you. And no the stock MAP sensor cannot read any boost, it measures 30mmHg vacuum (sea level pressure) to 0mmHg.
Old 05-09-2005, 05:51   #9 (permalink)

Mmmmmm!

I wonder how my "blown" MAP sees 9psi.
blown EF 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 06:25   #10 (permalink)
Mcccli

Are you using the stock MAP sensor?
Whats the set up of your motor?? (IE. mods, ecu/chips etc.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons