What radiator do I have & what radiator do I need? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2005, 21:28   #1 (permalink)

What radiator do I have & what radiator do I need?

Hello all,
A few years ago I bought a radiator for my EB2 from a swap meet it was marked as an EA radiator but I'm not so sure.

It has the larger bottom hose outlet of the EA-ED but it has the thermo fan mounting slots of the EF-EL cast into the top it even has one of the nuts. On the passenger side it has the lower mounting slot for the electric fans but it doesn't have the slot on the drivers side. The hose outlet that goes to the header tank points out ward as on EA-ED not an elbow as on EF-EL.

Can anyone identify what model this radiator would have come from?

The next question is due to the fact that this radiator has sprung a leak & needs replacing.

I have a pair of EL electric fans & would like to mount them when I replace the radiator. Obviously they won't mount on an EA-ED radiator so I would like to use an EF-EL radiator. Having my original EB2 radiator next to an EF radiator all should work except that the outlet to the header tank has an elbow on the EF radiator. I figure that this could be overcome by just using the EF-EL hose am I correct?

The next problem is that the bottom hose outlet on the EF radiator is way smaller than the EB one. How do I get around this problem? I have compared the EB bottom hose to an EF one & doubt if I could stretch the smaller diametre EF hose over the EB's water pump inlet or clamp the larger EB hose down to the EF's outlet.

I am thinking that maybe an EF-EL V8 radiator might be what I need would this be correct?

Thanks in advance, Jim...
jim5_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2005, 03:17   #2 (permalink)
NB & NCII V8 Fairlanes

Re: What radiator do I have & what radiator do I need?

The EA, EB & EDRadiators from Ford dealers and Natrad now have the mounts for the electric thermo fans. I think it is so they fit the later model utes with the thermo fans but with EA/EB cooling sytem set ups. In fact all the EA/ED radiators I have bought in the last 10 years have had the fittings for the thermo fans.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons