Ford Forums banner

Whats The next mod u r planing for yr E-Series?

15K views 126 replies 48 participants last post by  NickosEL 
#1 ·
just interested what all you guys have planned next for your beast? me... im putting on extractors and workin on EF airbox with XH intake! :s6:

#52 ·
sheesh!!! i neva knew a sunroof would set me back that much!!! ... might give it a miss after my extarctors im puttin in a cam... not sur what yet...ne suggestions???

#53 ·
Supa R00 said:
sheesh!!! i neva knew a sunroof would set me back that much!!! ... might give it a miss after my extarctors im puttin in a cam... not sur what yet...ne suggestions???
im pretty sure ya can get em from about a grand, you gotta realise what works involved with sunroofing an E Series.
do it wrong and the car will be all floppy, as the roof plays an important part of structural rigidity.

2k isnt bad, i dont know what mines worth, coz it was in the car when i bought it. but its all german parts, the glass is mirror tint too :p

#60 ·
More long fords is always better :D

Well since I managed to succesfully install my new Sony headunit today without blowing up my car (and half a city block).. my next mods are:

- make custom surround for headunit to replace the panel with ashtray, lighter, etc (dont use them, so might as well make it look nicer).. maybe wood, to match wood trimmings?

- wait till i get paid on tuesday and buy a Sony 222W 2ch amp, and Sony 6x9s and install.

- eat maggi noodles, and save up till early next year for paint job and rims.

#64 ·
Well, after just installing my clear indicators (and they are fully sik) Im planning on swapping steering wheels (my current one is ****ed). After that, I think im heading to sydney to swap my exhaust for extractors and 2.5 inch jobbie, then I think i will stop spending for a while. Thats until I save up some cash, and will invest in some FR type simmons, fix the paintwork up a little bit, etc

My long term plans include buying a XR6 wreck and stealing motor, diff and trans. Following that will be a direct copy of the first person who runs a low 14 N/A in a falcon. Or i might just turbocharge and be done with it. Or perhaps by then I could afford a BA XR6 turbo......hrmmm

We'll see how it goes.

#65 ·
Garth, I was speaking to Hus and he said that the Mocks have run a 14.2 in an EA-ED Falcon... and the fastest he has heard of N/A was a 13.8! I'd love to know more about that car.

#66 ·
Shite! I think i'd like to know more too!

thinking more about it now, the weight of the EL will always kill me, if i go fast N/A I will probably go another light EA and keep trashing T5's

If i get too excited and decide to go Forced Induction (it is inevitable) I'll go that way with the EL (who cares about weight with 400 odd kw) or trade up to a BA.

Damn money. If i only I won the lotto (sigh)

#67 ·
Money is evil.. though at least it makes me appreciate each small thing i manage to afford.

I see some of the cars around like fully worked XR6 turbos, slammed mercs, autosalon/summernats/other-show style cars.. and swear at (but also admire in jealousy) the guys who own them for having the cash to do this stuff!

Do they not have families? kids? rent? dont they eat or drink? how do they do it? :(

Ah well.. my mods might come slow and few between, but i can see the end and i'm happy to slowly tread the path to get there :)

#68 ·
The guys I know with show cars/hell fast street type cars get their money from either

Parents
Selling Drugs
Inheritance
Bank Loans (which they now find hard to pay off when still on apprentice wages i might add!)

Only one dude I know actually has worked hard to get his car, and its his car I appreciate the most. It might not be a slammed merc or whatever, but the old Monaro sure goes hard and the chicks love it. I know this is my situation only, and shouldnt be made into a generalisation of how ppl afford their cars...but you gotta wonder

Im planning to work for my car. Then possibly live in it. House prices suck!

#69 ·
XRated said:
YAY! Just got back form Tint-a-Car, and boy does the tint look sexy!

Gotta get me those damn superlows!!
If you don't mind me asking, how much did this set you back? I am currently shopping around myself.

#71 ·
Tint-a-Car no longer do mirror tint because not many people liked it - it was one of the first questions I asked!

I got the darkest legal coz that's all they do now... Which I thought was a little strange. I would like it darker, but I guess it's a good fit between too dark and too light, just right!

The guy who did it has done a fantastic job. It is absolutely perfect, no damage to my beasty and it looks beautiful!

Jack, they have at least three types: base, middle, top. Different materials used in all three, obviously, but I opted for the middle. It was $295 compared to $245 and $365. Also comes with a "lifetime warranty" which is really only ten years.

The guy who did it is (I think) actually the owner of the franchise(?) and is part of the FPV/XR club. He owns a brand spanking new GT and therefore, must be a top bloke! His name is, Ross, 03 9764 2422 (in Ferntree Gully). Give him a bell, no regrets. And remember, you get what you pay for.

cenithx, limo tint is when you basically can't see inside the car - illegal on sedans. Dunno about mirror tint being legal in NSW. Check with the authorities there.

Cheers.

#72 ·
Sounds awesome XRated, got any pics yet? Id love to know what it looks like so I can plan to get my car done in where I live.

Whats the difference between the middle and top range apart from price?

#73 ·
hey blueoval. Pics added by request. They don't look too crash hot, but it looks 20 times more different in real-life. Some will wonder why people like myself bother to fork out near $300 for tinted windows as dark as I got... I sometimes wonder too, but it does look better, gives me a little extra peace of mind in regards to security and importantly should help in the Summer.

BTW, full pictures of my car will come when I am fully satisfied with her (my car, not my g/f!) and when my web site is complete ;)

#75 ·
XRated - that looks nice mate. I would be happy with that for sure.

Umm, could you tell me again what the difference was with the middle range tint and top range tint again?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.