Ford Forums banner

Whats The next mod u r planing for yr E-Series?

15K views 126 replies 48 participants last post by  NickosEL 
#1 ·
just interested what all you guys have planned next for your beast? me... im putting on extractors and workin on EF airbox with XH intake! :s6:

#78 ·
I got the top range tinting for my car, possibly 1 shade darker than legal, and it has a fair bit of mirroring to it, especially when overcast. Mine cost $310 for it all.

#79 ·
Look good matey, cheers for the pics :thup:

I was quoted $365 for the 'Formula 1 Plus' too. I bought the exact same item for my EA a couple of years ago, which was $345 at the time on $100 special.

The F1 Plus claims 36% more heat rejection than standard film, a 60% reduction in glare, 99.9% blockage of UV rays and a 25 year warranty. I'm going to make enquiries to see if I can get it cheaper if more than 1 car is done at a time (the other being a friend's car).

#80 ·
Jack_Travis said:
Look good matey, cheers for the pics :thup:

I was quoted $365 for the 'Formula 1 Plus' too. I bought the exact same item for my EA a couple of years ago, which was $345 at the time on $100 special.
No worries at all! Can't stop taking pics of my car anyway :)

Funny thing is, I was quoted the same prices about six months ago... When I rang up two tinting places last week, they both said "$100 off normal prices" but they were the same as when I called up those six months ago! Go figure!!!

#83 ·
tinting for me..then afew suspension issues...

James

#85 ·
XRated said:
The guy who did it is (I think) actually the owner of the franchise(?) and is part of the FPV/XR club. He owns a brand spanking new GT and therefore, must be a top bloke! His name is, Ross, 03 9764 2422 (in Ferntree Gully). Give him a bell, no regrets. And remember, you get what you pay for.

Xrated, is that the place just behind the shell servo on ferntree gully rd? That's a great tint - suits the car well. I should get it done myself, but no money now! :BW:

#86 ·
for all the guys getting tint , how dark are you going? Anynone game enough to go 20%? (thats one darker than legal (35%))

James

#87 ·
EA_GHIA_2NV said:
next mod will hopefully be limo tint and new lower springs (rear) or t5 gearbox. diff might need an upgrade with t5 conversion so a 3.45lsd wont hurt, also down the track would be buying another engine to keep at home and put a turbo on it. Also getting a EF head (79000km) from tafe for 2 bottles of jonnie walker (bloody alcho's). so that might get a port and polish and stage 2 crow cam.

cant wait to see what i do spend my money on but it most probably be some neon lights or something.
scratch all of that, ive got other plans, paint job and EB fairmont rear end conversion, all of that is for mid next year. cant tell what colour im going, and something else different to the rear end all of which are secrets and i cant reveal. rims are after that.

#88 ·
cArSiK said:
for all the guys getting tint , how dark are you going? Anynone game enough to go 20%? (thats one darker than legal (35%))

James
Im thinking of going 30%. Does anyone know what the cop tint is? I have seen numerous cop cars here in SA with some relly dark looking tint. If I was to go that dark then I shouldnt have problems with authorities, right?

#89 ·
dont think 30% is available - ive been told its 35% then 20%....but i could be wrong....

Cops use limo tints 5%...

James

#92 ·
bloody rules for cops and rules for the public. Man that sucks, they use the roads as well as we do and take just as many risks if not more on the road, so why do they get greater privileges than we do. :angry::bang:

#93 · (Edited)
Sunroof sounds good... ive been thinkin bout one for a while... does any1 know much about the conversion and how much it will cost?
we were talking about this at work the other day - the cheapest way to do it is to draw a big rectangle on your headlining, then colour it in a nice sky blue, and add some fluffy white bits, so it looks like the sky :s6:

anyway, this is what i have planned, dont know what order though so i will put them all down (by the way i have been working two jobs since may, plus fixing/modding peoples cars on the weekends - no free time, but a healthy bank balance after saving for near 6 months!

ED XR6 headlights - i have found a second hand set, negotiating prices atm - my EB XR has the stocko square ones.

ED XR6 interior - the ED trim is grey, red, blue and green, but the EB XR is only grey and red - i like the ED one better :D my EB interior will be for sale once i get the ED one in

17" wheels - have the wheels, (AMG Quake in hyper silver) but no tyres yet..wating for ones at the right price.

A sequential EFI EECIV from a V8 DC LTD, reprogrammed using a TwEECer, by XR9UTE. at the earliest it will be january before this is done - there is nil stock of tweecers in america atm, apparently. they run off a MAF sensor, which will allow me to use the "motherfukker big" cam i have under my bed in my room - the cam is too big to run with a MAP setup, so i cant put it in till i get the new comp. cutout will be 6000rpm on an otherwise stock motor - wait till it blows then get a AU bottom end and use my head :s6:

stiffer front swaybar too.

then the "maybe" mod:

tinting over the tint on the rear and rear-side windows - apparently the laws in QLD mean you can have pretty much black rear windows, but anything from the B pillar forewards must be 35% tops. i think another coat or two over the 35% stuff in the back would be good.

and if anyone told me a few years ago i would be spending this much money on a car i would have sent them to the doctor - i cant belive it. still paying off the loan to initially purchase it - 5,900 bucks to go @ $80 a week...cant wait till im a qualified mecahnic (jan 2 2004 YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!) i want to pay this bloody loan off by the end of next year, and pretty much all of my payrise will go into paying off the loan. and after the above mods are finished, the car should be pretty much done, and any spare cash that i would have spent on mods will be going into the loan.

#96 ·
kingy said:
Xrated, is that the place just behind the shell servo on ferntree gully rd? That's a great tint - suits the car well. I should get it done myself, but no money now! :BW:
'tis the one mate.

Tint actually looks better each time I look at it! Looks a lot darker when the sun isn't fully out...

#97 ·
having the rear windows darker then the front ones generally makes the car look not as tinting up front, noticably..
then again, prolly better then the dodgy tint you are 'legally' alloud to have :p

#98 ·
Rollin - nice shopping list. Be good to see what ya done once your finished!

XRated - How much was the Formula 1 tint, and did you have old tint already on for them to take off?
Its just that a mate of mine with an AU3 Fairmont with Tickford everything bar motor had his windows done at TAC in Adelaide with Formula 1 tint and he only paid $280. He said when Im ready he'll come with me to get mine done and possibly get a little more off again.

#99 ·
For me now its definately a diff stupid 3.08 + dev5a cam + auto = Damn slow start. rofl other wise pretty good.

#100 ·
Yesterday i decided to halt all mods until all the nibbly little things are fixed on the LTD.. but I gotta find an electrician who is good (and cheap) since there's a fair few electrical bits and pieces I want fixed.. :/

Gunna go around get a few quotes this weekend, and also go to a few mechanics about fixing the idle, since it keeps stalling when I turn the air-con on and sometimes has trouble starting, and also the so-loose-its-scary steering.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.