xr headlight assembly - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2005, 06:43   #1 (permalink)

xr headlight assembly

Hi guys once again this is probly one of these posts which has been done to death but here goes anyway. I have an ED falcon which i would like to put xr headlights on, i know its not right (just like gt stripes on non gts) but i just think they would look awesome. so i was just wondering if anyone had some for sale or even just knew somewhere i could fined some im in s.a. but any state is ok, oh yeah and what kind of price im looking at. Im not fussed on colour seeing mines a champagne colour and no xrs came out that way, also if there is some slight dammage on surrounds thats ok cos thats all easy to fix and will have to paint anyway. any leads or tips would be apreciated.

CHEERS
xm250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2005, 18:51   #2 (permalink)

Re: xr headlight assembly

check this out

$960 - SOLD on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....e=STRK:MEWA:IT
Old 04-14-2005, 19:51   #3 (permalink)

xm250
Check out www.twinlights.com.au
BIGDOG
BIGDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 08:02   #4 (permalink)
wants a manual!

if you find a set make sure they give you the brackets that bolts from the grille to the bumper. most people over look that when selling them.

if you are going to spend money on XR lights dont go the aftermarket version. for starters they are pretty expensive anyway for an copy light, 2- they are seperate lights and dont look as good as the one peice original grille and 3- they dont use the projection type low beam so they are pretty terrible at night.

IMO if i was to spend alot of money on different lights definetly go the originals ...wait i already did LOL.
John_xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 16:27   #5 (permalink)

Wink Re: xr headlight assembly

new Twinlights for $540 is very reasonable as you will probably spent $2000 for the original ED XR setup if Ford still stock them. They use plastic brackets and I think are weak as p*ss. They crack easy in a small ding whereas the Twinlight use metal. Any non genuine Ford person will see Twinlights and say what a nice XR6 or XR8 which is the whole idea of doing it in the first place. Use a chrome ED grill like I did and have something tasteful and different.

some quick Pics for you to decide.
p.s Adrian I will take your pic off if you want me to show your car
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ED Twinlight.JPG (32.7 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg ED XR8 Sprint Headlights.jpg (26.4 KB, 34 views)
Old 04-15-2005, 16:39   #6 (permalink)

Oh and my 2 mates have an ED XR8 and an EL XR6 and the headlights I think are crap. I must admit they were probably not adjusted properly and they were like to maglights shining on the road and nothing in between. Not too good for the highway. When I drove in front of him the headlights used to flash me but that was prob the hard suspension bouncing. I personally think the old ED standard lights were better than EF/EL XR and standard lights so thats why on the AU they went bigger lamps all round. JUST MY VIEW !!!
Old 04-17-2005, 17:32   #7 (permalink)

cheers for all the help guys, i never thought it would be so hard to find these lights and also that they were so expessive, it would almost be cheaper to sell my car and just buy a real xr6!!!
xm250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 19:24   #8 (permalink)
emzy1988

I brought a aftermarket pair off here on fordforums, under half the price, ive been waiting and looking for months to find original ones, but its just nearly inpossible. the aftermarket ones look ok but nothing compared to the originals. if you find original ones in reasonable price, dont hessitate to buy them if they have all the parts.

good luck!
emzy1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 19:01   #9 (permalink)

Question Re: xr headlight assembly

Quote:
Originally Posted by emzy1988
I brought a aftermarket pair off here on fordforums, under half the price
good luck!
Got a pic !!!
Old 05-02-2005, 22:26   #10 (permalink)

Wreckers down here want $1000 for a 2nd hand set.I think new works out to about $1600-$1700 all up.The grille alone is about $400!!!
xr893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > E-Series Falcons