2.2L injected exhaust - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Exhaust
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2004, 02:11   #1 (permalink)
I wanna eat your children

2.2L injected exhaust

hey guys

was just wondering if anyone could offer advice as to what kind of exhaust would be suitable on a TX5 Telstar (1990 and non turbo) automatic.

i want a good note out of it, and any extra power would just be a plus.

thanks
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2004, 20:04   #2 (permalink)
{';'}

Re: 2.2L injected exhaust

Have you been to any exhaust places to get recommendations? That'd be your first and best bet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundeep
Eh Yagz, suck my left teste mate I'll have boost for $1k, even if it is only 1 pound.

Check my ride, HERE
XRated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 23:50   #3 (permalink)

i havent done that as yet...i was just looking for some opinions on here first....

but it looks like thats what ill have to do

thanks XRated
Old 09-20-2004, 03:17   #4 (permalink)
Ford Member

Whats it come with standard?

Guess and say you should be looking at 2"-2.25". Resonator (hotdog) and a muffler(lukey streight through thingys).. Extractors etc.

Exaust places would be the expert, I'm guessing they must do a large number of 4 cylinder cars these days and you basically describe what kind of note (OMG loud, legally loud, quiet, rumble, hum, groan etc )..
IPhido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 03:23   #5 (permalink)

thanks mate...i thought the people here would have some decent input....but ill take it down to bros exhaust or somewhere like that, and ill see what they have to say

thanks
Old 09-20-2004, 04:11   #6 (permalink)
Ford Member

Maybe check some Telstar/626 forums.. Search for exhaust.. or even check out forums for simular types of cars. When researching mine, I often visted Commodore/Falcon sites and see what people recomended.

I'm getting my 2.5" exhaust tomorrow for my R31 Skyline. I researched it until my ears fell off. But in the end your going to be limited to quotes, skills, and what your exhaust guy can do. The biggest thing is price, Cat back exhausts can apparently (2.5" mandle with resi and muf) can be had for <$200 + fitting if its prefabed.

I thought I was being a bit "out there" for asking for 2.5" on a 3.0L engine. But when I rang around, its the first thing they offered.

Many exhaust places might try and sell you the whole rice thing with cannons etc.. Even in skyline/jap car forums, these got the big thumbs down. Noisey, don't improve sound, expensive.

I'm going with the cheapest quote I got. Its cheap enough, that if it doesn't sound right, I can go get a diffrent muffler put on or what ever and still undercut origional quotes.

For track days I'm going to make up a bit of pipe so I can unbolt the rear muffler and just have a exhaust comprising a hotdog and piping. Depending on how loud that is, I might also use it for weekend twisty road blasts as well.. Places where I go I doubt cops would ping me for noise (out in the middle of no where), and if they do, I can explain to them what I've done, and its easy to reverse (or even add a restrictor plate to really quite it down).

Have you fiddled with your intake yet? You would be suprised at what sort of intake noise you can get and how it can improve the overall engine note.
IPhido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 04:17   #7 (permalink)

ive got a pod filter....but i dont know if thats what your talkin about.

it has changed the sound a lot when giving it some....it just has a deep noise when you give it some throttle, and it sounds alright from inside the car.

but i know it would sound stock from the back
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Exhaust