Ford Forums banner

BA Turbo exhaust manifold compatibility

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  lunar_c 
#1 ·
I've done a bit of searching for I haven't been online for a while, but could not find many threads on the BA XR6 turbo exhaust manifold.

Does anyone know if this manifold can be bolted up to an EF/EL head?

#2 ·
not too sure, but from the pics I've seen it looks very similar...

Dave.

#6 ·
Still don't mean it won't fit. Comparing inlet gasgets esp for bolt pattern etc would be easier??

#7 ·
Is there anyone at Ford (engineering or spare parts) on this site who knows for sure? Maybe someone at Repco can have a look at the 2 gaskets and tell us the difference?
As ebxr8240 says, oval ports don't mean it won't fit. Betcha the manifold is still round at the opening....could be surprised though.

#8 ·
go to your local parts store, as to look at a BA exhaust manifold gasket and an EA-EL gasket, hold them up and check that the bolt holes are in the same placecheck how big a difference is between the ports

#11 ·

I think you will find that to suit the multivalve (4 valves, 2 inlet, 2 exhaust) combustion chambers, both intake and exhaust sides will have bifurcated ports. Thus they will be a much different shape to the "apple" shape ports (and oval for exhaust ports) on the SOHC I6's. Most likely an oval shape as others have mentioned.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.