BA XR8 exhaust and suspension - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Exhaust
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2003, 01:58   #1 (permalink)
Abuser of Charvels

BA XR8 exhaust and suspension

I'm looking to replace the exhaust on my new XR8 when it's delivered to get the proper note from the engine and a few extra kw's can't hurt too. I've heard that to relpace the headers on the 260 the entire engine needs to be removed, which doesn't make me happy. Is there a way around this does anybody know.

If not, how would it be if I replaced everything bar the headers, could I still get a nice rumble/performance increase? All my previous exhaust improvements were full systems.

Also, to lower it a little bit, is it ok just to replace the springs and leave everything else as is, would that do the job?

When I lowered my XF I went the whole hog, springs, shocks, sway bars, but it needed it, I'm hoping just to need some lowered springs for a more agressive stance.

thanx

Vic
Genebaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2003, 18:12   #2 (permalink)
Abuser of Charvels

Re: BA XR8 exhaust and suspension

Bugger it, you do have to remove and replace the engine to replace the headers and that ain't gonna happen just yet on this car, so I'm just going to get everything from the headers back replaced.

Seems I should be able to lower her a bit more ok with some pedders or some such springs.

Couple of little things and she'll be a nice ride for sure.
Old 04-18-2004, 02:40   #3 (permalink)
What a spooky world!

Hey Genebaby,

Let me know how you go with springs. I find the front end a little soft on my BA XR-8 and was thinking of upgrading to the GT springs but am unsure on whether to go that way or go aftermarket.....

Cheers
Ford Falcon XR8 Dec 2003 BA, Silhouette Black, Char/Red Interior, Manual, 23,000kms, One owner, Side Airbags, Premium Sound, Tow Bar, Tinted Windows, Scuff plates, Factory Sunroof, Mud Splats, Floor Matts, Aux 12v Socket, Genuine Nokia 'no holes' Car Kit, Serviced very regularly (1,000kms, 3,000kms, 10,000kms, 15,000kms). Regrettable sale $41,000. David 0422-22-5363 Caroline Springs, Melbourne
image001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 04:34   #4 (permalink)
Abuser of Charvels

Hi, that was a another lifetime ago it seems, but I've done all the things I wanted to do. Got some King springs put in all round on the XR8, very happy with it. I'm not sure how different the GT springs are as far as performance but they are about the same height and I wanted to improve the stance of the car too. Take it to a good suspension place or you could also go to a Ford dealer that sells Herrod products and they can lower it with Herrods springs, which are King springs too I have heard.

Vic

Venom BA XR8 - 5spd - Leather - Premium Sound - 18"s - King Springs-SSL/SL - DBA Slotted Rotors & Ferodo pads
D.N.A.
FPV XR Owners Club ACT
Charvel/Jackson Guitars
Old 04-18-2004, 04:51   #5 (permalink)
Rip Up The Track Join OFR

Quote:
Originally Posted by image001
Hey Genebaby,

Let me know how you go with springs. I find the front end a little soft on my BA XR-8 and was thinking of upgrading to the GT springs but am unsure on whether to go that way or go aftermarket.....

Cheers
i had pedders put in the front of my BA XR8 not soft at all...lowered 30mm..

PHANTOM BA XR8 UTE, AUTO, UNICHIP, APS TUNED 229 RWKW ET:13.47.

Rods Rocket, Boss n/a 290 Unichip Tuned by APS et:12.6@110 Mph
We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

XRFPV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 07:36   #6 (permalink)
is FORD....is GOOD!

Eibach on the front for me!

very happy, could be dropped another 10mm though (maybe then i can touch the ground haha)

- kodar
Old 04-19-2004, 22:14   #7 (permalink)
haz

Genebaby have you changed the exhaust? if so what did u choose and how does it sound?
haz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 22:23   #8 (permalink)
Abuser of Charvels

Yeah, I chose to take out the rear muffler and replace it with twin hot dogs and of course twin pipes out the back. No drone and it sounds

Venom BA XR8 - 5spd - Leather - Premium Sound - 18"s - King Springs-SSL/SL - DBA Slotted Rotors & Ferodo pads
D.N.A.
FPV XR Owners Club ACT
Charvel/Jackson Guitars
Old 06-05-2004, 04:01   #9 (permalink)

If you want a tough exhaust see Dean at Aussie Car Enhancements in Melton Vic he fits DiFilippo Stainless Steel Exhaust Systems in the car without removing the engine. My mate had his done there last week with a short throw shifter and lower grille. He is extremely happy.

Cheers........
BA Company Car is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Exhaust