?Borla? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Exhaust
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2006, 12:41   #1 (permalink)

confused ?Borla?

I know that i've said before that flowmaster is the only way to go but i am getting tired of all the other vehicles in my area sounding the same they all have 40 series flowmasters so i am thinking about going with Borla. does anyone out there have Borla Mufflers if so how do they perform?
02GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2006, 15:44   #2 (permalink)

Re: ?Borla?

What mods do you have? If you are basically stock with an aftermarket catback, you're not gonna feel the difference.

I'd go Borla because they hold a 1,000,000 mile warranty on their stainless steel equipment. Most companies offer the same, but that's on you. FRPP doesn't offer any warranty. Flowmasters fall apart. Quick.

Take a chance. Do the Borla and let us know how it goes.

My Garage
Freshmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 12:44   #3 (permalink)

Flowmasters are way over-used, not only to the point that it's boring, but then what Freshmeat was saying is a little TOO true. cars that have brand-new flowmasters sound great, right up until a year or two later when they fall apart and sound like crap. problem is, people are too bull-headed to notice when they start to go bad. then they don't get replaced, and make me hate flowmasters more. full custom stainless exhaust might be expensive, but you'll never have to replace it if it's done right.
Old 05-19-2006, 21:51   #4 (permalink)

thanks guys i think that you are right "stuckinthe60's" cause recently i have noticed a loss of power due to the flowmasters they still sound great i think but i haven't changed anything i don't drive the car hard or anything and i still run premium gas in it but there is still a loss of power i even put some injector cleaner in it and engine restorer and i run valvoline durablend any advice besides putting Borla on oh and i ordered the Borla should be here in a couple of days!!!
02GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Exhaust