DJR duel exhaust - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Exhaust
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2004, 04:42   #1 (permalink)

DJR duel exhaust

I was down at Herrods the other day to get prices on a few mods for my BA GT, I was asking about a full exhaust system for it, as i have one on my BA XR6, Jeff told me that he could sell me the same set up as the DJR car ( Full exhaust only ) for $3600 = 2.5" stainless, HI flow cats, with duel twin tips. Who needs a DJR car when they will sell u all the parts to have it done to your own BA XR8, GT or GT-P

My Car
shane3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2004, 04:54   #2 (permalink)
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane

Re: DJR duel exhaust

$3600. geez thats a car in itself! get the spec and get your local exhaust joint to bend it up and fit it. same thing but without the herrods stamp but alot cheaper
Old 03-05-2004, 05:05   #3 (permalink)

I had a good look at it as they had one up on the hoist, I'm a welder by trade and i can tell u that i would pay $3600 for it. It wouldn't be worth getting some one to make it up, with all the f***ing around needed to do the job right, you may save some $$$$ but loose the quality. Then again in paying $6800 for 2 piece Brembo brakes 355x32 fronts & 330x28 rears.

My Car
shane3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 10:03   #4 (permalink)

Shane.

You must have more money than sense. I can't justify that amount on any exhaust. I have built a few over the years, all in stainless, mandrel bends, and if I were to build one for someone...(if I could be bothered) there is no way I would charge any where near that amount. From headers back including cats, it's no more than a days work, and maybe $300 dollars of material (excluding cats)!
BUT, I suppose it's your money!!!!!

Agro.
AGRO XR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 12:50   #5 (permalink)
Bucknaked Is My Real Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGRO XR
Shane.

You must have more money than sense. I can't justify that amount on any exhaust. I have built a few over the years, all in stainless, mandrel bends, and if I were to build one for someone...(if I could be bothered) there is no way I would charge any where near that amount. From headers back including cats, it's no more than a days work, and maybe $300 dollars of material (excluding cats)!
BUT, I suppose it's your money!!!!!

Agro.
Herrods exhausts are suppossed to be very good. Everyone raves about his exhausts. I heard there is a substantial gain in KW. Anyway, the guys that can afford to buy a GT's, run it and maintain it can afford these systems.
bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 14:33   #6 (permalink)
Blue Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane3
I was down at Herrods the other day to get prices on a few mods for my BA GT, I was asking about a full exhaust system for it, as i have one on my BA XR6, Jeff told me that he could sell me the same set up as the DJR car ( Full exhaust only ) for $3600 = 2.5" stainless, HI flow cats, with duel twin tips. Who needs a DJR car when they will sell u all the parts to have it done to your own BA XR8, GT or GT-P

Did that include modifications to the rear bumber for the dual pipes cut out?

45,000km service coming up - and i'll be asking for a sizable list of fixes:
* Gearbox (3rd time)
* Steering click (5th time)
* Brake Shudder (2nd time, and has the applied "Fix")
* etc...
ianmcginley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 16:05   #7 (permalink)
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane

herrods is just another name, like gucci. doesnt actually mean its any better than a cheaper version.
Old 03-05-2004, 17:27   #8 (permalink)
a vile merchant

Herrod certainly knows he's on a good wicket when his customers actually take pride in paying ridiculous amounts for rebadged products.
PigDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 20:07   #9 (permalink)
known as tibbo

HERROD spelt backwards is DERROH...something he will never be at those prices
RaceCraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 23:08   #10 (permalink)

A piece of pipe is a piece of pipe. There is no magic to it. The only thing that sets exhausts systems apart is the design and workmanship.

From what I hear Herrod's design and workmanship are excellent.... so yeh you'd expect to pay a "bit" more.

But I still think over 3 grand for a set of pipes is a bit dear....
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Exhaust