EFII suspension/exhaust - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Exhaust
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2002, 01:37   #1 (permalink)
Australian EA Falcon Member

EFII suspension/exhaust

Would any of you melbourne folk be able to help me out with places?

I just scored an EFII Futura in almost perfect cond, and im looking for advice on a decent suspension overhaul, exhaust and extractors. Im looking to lower it around 1.5 inches, but Im after a nice ride, I don't have much idea of my price range right now, but any suggestions would be fantastic.

And I'm also interested in advice about the exhausts to suit the EF's I've had an EA in the past that I did some research on, but I dont know if thats much to go by?

Thanks in advance,

-beej
the letter b is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2002, 06:32   #2 (permalink)
Blue Blooded Ford Fan

I have an EF Fairmont, and i have low (35mm) king springs with monroe GT gas shocks. I would have to say im very happy with the ride i get. I would like it to possibly be a little lower, but then it would become impracticle for me as its a daily driver, but the low springs give a great ride with A LOT less body roll and more responsive steering.

my 2c

'69 XW Fairmont GS (GT Replica), Reef Green 351c 2V (not for long ), Top Loader, 9" with 3.55's,
RedEF6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2002, 05:07   #3 (permalink)
Australian EA Falcon Member

thanks for the advice!

im looking at a 2.5" straight through exhaust + extractors, anyone got any advice/alternate suggestions/decent exhaust shops around?

ta

-beej
Old 09-25-2002, 00:27   #4 (permalink)
Blue Blooded Ford Fan

as for exhaust, i dont have extractors, but i have a 2.5" system with single straight through muffler (redback) and im more than happy. Not to loud, but loud enough to hear. just gets a bit of a drone around 2,300-2,500 rpm. but thats only really goin up hills. As for where, i live in Adelaide sorry

'69 XW Fairmont GS (GT Replica), Reef Green 351c 2V (not for long ), Top Loader, 9" with 3.55's,
RedEF6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 02:10   #5 (permalink)
Now boostless :-(

i've got superlow King springs and monroe GT shocks on my EF series 2 Futura and the ride quality is pretty shithouse, so if the ride quality is an issue don't go superlows. I've got motivator extractors with 2.5" exhaust from cat to tailpipe and 2.25" back from tailpipe, and chiptorque chip and the car put out 108RWKW on the dyno at Chiptorque.
NAPARM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 18:41   #6 (permalink)
Wanting 5 Gears, Damnit!

WOW looks like everyone gets the same thing for their EF2... Ive also got superlow king springs and monroe GT gas shocks! You can't go wrong with that combo!!
Got the superlows from "Factory Direct: Tyres and Wheels" for $300. And the Shocks were through my mate which cost $460 (they had to be adjusted to suit the ride height)

Ive got Lukey Extractors, standard Cat. and a 2 and a half inch exhaust system with one straight through muffler on my EF2 Fairmont. Go check out some Midas places - it should cost $1000 with a hi-flow cat aswell.

I got my car dyno'ed at Herrods - 130rwkw. (I also have a camshaft/filter/3.45LSD)

Hope this helps!
ChuBBz

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Exhaust