Ford Forums banner

EL2 XR8 headers

2K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  MrLandau 
#1 ·
just a quick question tonight..

i may have the oportunity of getting a pair of standard EL2 XR8 headders soon. ive been told they are the same as off EL GT. is this correct?

are the cats a part of them or are tehy seperate as in other E Series headers?
also, are they any good?
and what would should i be paying roughly?

#2 ·
They are the same as the EL GT headers.
They have a 2 bolt flange that bolts onto the cats.
I have heard that the E series cats are not as good as the AU cats.
As much as you think that they are worth. :angel:
Replacing mine soon.

#4 ·
B-1B said:
As much as you think that they are worth. :angel:
Replacing mine soon.
ok cool, ill give ya 50 for yours if these ones fall through. :angel: ive got a pair of highflow cats in my boot, just gotta get em fitted......kinda waiting to see if ill need to get em welded into the headers or a flange on the end.......

AU headers wont fit in E series as they are bent in a way that wont clear the E series K Frame (AU dont have a K frame)

#6 ·
the el gt headers were stainless steel and ceramic coated, they are quite good headers, why replace them?

as far as cats go just oversize the inlet and outlet pipes, as this is all that high flow cats really are, all the catylist in aus come from on company and therfore are all the same, so all you can do to get better flow is to make the inlets and oulets flow better.
no point waisting $$$$ unless they are blocked, then you have no other option but to buy a new set.

#7 ·
well these new cats cost me $30, they were $300 each and have done around the 20,000km mark. i'd go into the circumstances as to how i got them that cheap but its a longwinded story so i wont.....

my ones are fugged, done 289,000km, so im considering changing the headers and cats at the same time. there the early E series - 91 NC V8, so i think the EL XR8/GT headers would be a good upgrade with my cats

#9 ·
MADNC_8 said:
i may have the oportunity of getting a pair of standard EL2 XR8 headders soon. ive been told they are the same as off EL GT. is this correct?

Ive got a pair sitting in my garage doing nothing if your interested?

Dont know if there the same as the EL GT but they are good quality from the factory, 4 into 1, short stainless steel design.

#10 ·
XR8GN3 said:
MADNC_8 said:

Ive got a pair sitting in my garage doing nothing if your interested?

Dont know if there the same as the EL GT but they are good quality from the factory, 4 into 1, short stainless steel design.

sounds verry good
can you get me some pics so i can make sure there not just the standard V8's headers, which are also a 4 into 1.

#11 ·
MADNC_8 said:
sounds verry good
can you get me some pics so i can make sure there not just the standard V8's headers, which are also a 4 into 1.
Nah there not the standard headers, there off my EL2 XR8.

I will get some pics for you tommorrow

#15 ·
MADNC_8 said:
cool cool looks good mate.

$50 plus postage like we said?

wont be for a few weeks as i have to pay back some people but ill grab em definatley

Wasnt me who said $50, I'll let'em go $250 + postage

#17 ·
MADNC_8 said:
woah hmmmm might pass.

considering a set of paceys are like 400 odd..........

Up to you, i got tri-y paceys on mine but there not stainless.

Pacemaker also no longer make 4 into 1 for pre AU models

#19 ·
MADNC_8 said:
seriously i'd pay up to 100 for those headers, no way i'd pay any more than that. id rather put the money towards a set of decent extractors (i was just after something that was better than the stock crap.)

sorry

Sure

I payed $550 for the TRI-Y "mild steel" pacemakers, and ive seriuosly thought about putting the stock ones back on, so I'd put them on the same page as the pacemakers.

Have you tried looking at the wreckers.

#20 ·
Any chance of sending me the pics of the EL GT extractors?
Regards,
Shane

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.