exhaust - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Exhaust
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2002, 23:27   #1 (permalink)
Ford Veteran

exhaust

Hey guys, my first post. I own 1990 Falcon 'S EA mpefi manual and very happy with it. The performance isnt too bad either, i can get about high 8s -> low 9s for the 0-100km but i want it a bit better. I need to get new muffler and exhaust end anyway because its broken now so im considering maybe 2.5'' exhaust, what do you guys think about that? Do I need the whole exhaust taken and replaced or still the same for the muffler on? Thanks.
gmanEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2002, 11:41   #2 (permalink)
Westkoast EA

exausted !?

Gday,if it was me i would get headers(pacemaker) and a 2.5' hi flo muffler & stratght through pipe system,BUT leave stock cat converter please....
Old 02-23-2002, 12:37   #3 (permalink)
Nathan

Exhaust

Thinking about buying an exhaust system for your EA. I drive an 1989 3spd EA S. I rang around wreckers for a second hand system. Extractors and 2 1/2 sports exhaust for $160. It took me a few hours to install. Economy has gone up by 50km per tank and performance has improved, but don't expect it to go like a Ferrari.
Old 02-25-2002, 06:19   #4 (permalink)
Ford Veteran

done eh

Thanks guys for your input, I went today and had 2.5'' sports exhaust installed with the straighter pipe bending, and its got a very nice tip (the larger oval shape ones). The header my car has at the moment is in good nick, I may not end up changing that but if i do pacemaker seems the way to go, but ive also heard genie is good too. Anyone think it is still good idea to have the header changed to pacemaker or stock is fine?
Cheers.
gmanEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 06:44   #5 (permalink)
-

Re: done eh

as far as i know, aftermarket headers (extractors) make more difference than the exhaust itself. the exhaust makes more noise, making you think youre going faster... but good headers are expensive...
galapogos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Exhaust