Exhaust in Brisbane on AUII - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Exhaust
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2003, 22:55   #1 (permalink)
Loco

Exhaust in Brisbane on AUII

Firstly, finally got a digi cam, so heres some pics of my baby :)

Warning: Each pic is ~800KB
http://members.iinet.net.au/~bangers...s/DSCF0012.JPG
http://members.iinet.net.au/~bangers...s/DSCF0013.JPG
http://members.iinet.net.au/~bangers...s/DSCF0014.JPG
http://members.iinet.net.au/~bangers...s/DSCF0015.JPG

secondly, my first real complaint about this car is that, it seriously sounds like an electric car when you accelerate. I'm a car n00b but I'd assume this is because of the exhaust. Can anyone recommend a place in Brisbane I should go to get it done?

Now, I'm not fussed about extra power, I just want a soft rumble. NOT a gay Torana rumble which is all talk, but something which has a nice (not too loud) deep rumble. Oh yeh, and something which RACQ would accept for a 20yr old :)

So yeh, what kind of exhaust system should I be looking at for this criteria, and who should I checkout? Don't wanna spend too much either.

Cheers :)
Bangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2003, 23:59   #2 (permalink)
known as tibbo

Re: Exhaust in Brisbane on AUII

purely to save some $$$ and the fact that you want sound only for now..Just get the larger muffler replaced with a free flowing one.. Down the track look at the extractors and whole system when you want some more performance.
RaceCraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2003, 05:49   #3 (permalink)
HORNY LITTLE ANIMAL

Try a place called Right Price Exhausts in Springwood - my first time with them however they come highly recommended from people I trust, appear to run a clean, sharp shop and are priced well. I'm going there Saturday to get a new system (pacemakers, x-pipe, cats & twin 2 1/4" pipes). I expect we'll be stuffing around with the system a little to ensure I get a sound I like... you should come see for yourself.
AUGhiaV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2003, 12:28   #4 (permalink)

I've never used them myself but have heard that Right Price Exhausts in Springwood are pretty good
Old 12-29-2003, 01:47   #5 (permalink)

AUGhiaV8,

Let us know how you get on at Right Price Exhausts. If they do a good job they deserve a bit of business.

Bangers, Is your girlfriend named Mash?

cheers
Old 12-30-2003, 02:46   #6 (permalink)
Loco

I'll checkem out. First the neons and Soundsystem is going is :)

</me ducks flames>
Bangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004, 02:14   #7 (permalink)
HORNY LITTLE ANIMAL

Well, so far a mixed experience at Right Price Exhausts in Springwood. Initially dealt with the manager, Jamie who impressed. System in and sounds fantastic from the outside, a little bit too loud from inside (left resonators off) - extra sound deadening matting in boot and two large baffled stainless tips helped.

However, whole job was supposed to take 5 1/2 to 6 hours at the longest... was there for 8 hours. Had a good range of stainless tips but hardly any 2 1/4 sizes or pairs (twin system remember) so had to order.

I was told I'd get a call on Monday to confirm supply of tips - no call, I had to ring on Tuesday. Spoke to guy on Tuesday who confirmed he had tips and I booked car in for early Wednesday. Turned up Wednesday morning at 8:00am, car raised, pipes cut off to accommodate tips... guy just about to weld tips, thought I'd have a gander. Wrong tips!

Apparently guy couldn't get the tips I wanted so just ordered something else. Guy who ordered wasn't in and the response I got from staff rostered on was "Well, what do expect me to do about it, they'll have to do". More to it but let's just say it went down hill from there (still waiting on the phone call from the manager which I demanded).

Bottom line - OK pricing, quality of work was acceptable, service was absolute crap. Wouldn't go back.

Next time I'm off to Lee's around the corner. Had a good chat with them on Wednesday and they are true blue oval boys (I've heard they're cheaper too).
AUGhiaV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Exhaust