Ford Forums banner

exhaust bypass valve

5K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  012 
#1 ·
Today I’ve been researching a bit into the idea of throwing a throttle body into the exhaust to make a cut out pipe. Turns out there is a product out there called a Mr. Gasket exhaust cutout, but the problem is that they are $120 and they only fit 2” pipes u can use adaptors to suit a 2.5” etc but I think that would just void the idea of having a 2.5” cause its going to have to squeeze through 2” at some point anyway.

Soo I was back to thinking about using a throttle body kinda valve set up. But what I was wanting to know is does a throttle body completely close? Like would is completely stop flow through the body when closed? Cause that might still produce far too much noise if not.

I read a bit about the way the Mr. Gasket kit is made and they had to make it all out of steel because of the nature of the heat and ‘corrosive’ gases that pass through the exhaust pipes, so was wondering if an old throttle body would also be able to take the beating.

Anyone got anything like this? hear of good ways to go about it?

#5 ·
Been searching for days no. All the local exhaust places looked at me stupid. And some of my mates reckon they can help me make tap like system. But what Im after is something that can be adjusted from inside the car. In fact what im after is once of these http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=1344&prmenbr=361 in a 2.5" model.

Any new sugestions? Eletronically controlled really isnt waht I can be bothered with but if thats where this road has to take me then lets go.

#8 ·
tibbo said:
they are more than just that on the market ... Laminge or someone bought some electronically controled one thru the forums here a few months ago
No Laminge pulled out of the sale as his Mingnator is running 3" pipes and the set is 2.5". Yes it was me who was selling them and I still got them, might hang on to them unless you can convince me to hand 'em over to you MikGan. These are the best you can get and was imported from the US in December, but I sold the car it was to go on shortly after.

Here's the thread:

http://www.fordforums.com/showthread.php?p=612052#post612052

If interested PM me and will go from there.

All info and prices here:

www.dmhperformance.com

Shipping the lot to Oz was big $$$, but price is negotible if you can pick up, and since you are in Melbourne, shouldn't be a drama. Still new, never used, and still works (will demo). All wiring is marine grade and waterproof (important if driving in the rain) and very easy to install. Just cut a bit off the existing pipes, weld in the cutouts and wire up the switch.

This is the set I've got. 2.5" cutouts with the flowtechs. Pic taken from the dmh site.

Watch a video clip of the cutous here.

I did a lot of research over 'bout 6 months before deciding to get these. Looked at the cheap cable designs aswell. Too many problems long term with them, and cast iron will rust. These are aircraft grade aluminium and stainless steel. I too initially had a budget of Aus $300-$350 max, but the ones in that price range were all crap, and for a few $100 bucks more, these were a bargain.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.