Ford Forums banner

Exhaust Droun Solution

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  MondeoST24 
#1 ·
I am thinking of installing a rear resonator to my XR8 exhaust system in an effort to remove drouning that occurs.
The system has pacemaker extractors, full dual 2 1/4" inc. twin cats, and twin mufflers into a 3" single over the diff.
The things sounds great although i suffer from drouning sometimes while driving which is starting to irratate me. Will the resonator reduce the sound badly to a point where its sounds weak as they do when there stock, or will it curer my drouning.

Any Opinions are appreciated before i try to solve this problem!

#2 ·
no it should just stop the droaning, it will be a little quieter but you will think its worthwhile - just ring a few exhaust shops, i think just a 'hotdog' muffler should be enough, though i havent heard your car.

#3 ·
When looking around to do the system on my Mondeo I had an "open chamber" resonator recommended to me to stop drone. Marathon mufflers in Qld custom make them and they are supposed to be excellent for problems such as yours.

I haven't had my resonator replaced yet, so can't comment on the effectiveness.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.