Exhaust INFO - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Exhaust
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2004, 06:26   #1 (permalink)
LOWERED BA XR 6

Exhaust INFO

Im after some info for my car as to what aftermarket system to fit to it.Its N/A BA XR 6 with no mods at this stage
Price
Brand
Comments
Thanks Dave
Winter White XR6 BA Lowered 2", King SSL Springs on rear and King Lows on front, Lenzo 19"rims,245 mm by 35 series tyres, Custom window tint,Fog light Covers,Car Bra,AWC High Rear wing,AWC XR8 CF Bonnet
My Car http://www.freewebs.com/mudzy/
Mudzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2004, 05:41   #2 (permalink)

Re: Exhaust INFO

System: Pacemaker Extractors, 2 1/2 inch pipe from collector into factory cat converter, 2 1/2 inch pipe into Lukey muffler, 2 1/2 inch mandrel bent pipe over rear arch into Lukey resonator.
Price: It was done as bits and pieces (I started with the extractors, Lukey muffler, stock resonator at the back which was too quiet and restrictive). All mild steel. The Pacemakers have a nice blue heat resistant finish. If you get it all done at once say $1,000.00 at a decent exhaust shop but mine was more as I did it the hard way.
Comments: To get the best out of it, you also need the Ford XR6T snorkel ($35) to replace the smaller N/A snorkel as well as an aftermarket K&N Panel Filter ($145 +$30 for the cleaning kit) or similar hi-flow brand of air filter. It just goes in the airbox in place of the factory one. Believe me they make a big difference too. My best 1/4 mile time is a wheel spinning 15.4 secs on a dewy track (stock auto XR6 N/A 15.8). Should get a 15.2 once I learn how to launch it properly on a dry track. Some people get other brands with good results. Your Ford dealer may fit a Herrod exhaust system and you get warranty cover as well but they can be pricey - especially stainless steel.

There are dozens of threads on here if you search and as many opinions as there are other systems.

Money well spent? A. Its all good fun that's the main thing.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Exhaust