Ford Forums banner

Exhaust Mods

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  younggun 
#1 ·
Hey Guys

I just recently bought a AU Fairmont and was looking to put on an exhaust and extractors.

Does anyone know what kinds are best, and what kinda power difference am I gonna get??

I wanna nice tune but not one of those annoying growns for those long trips.

#2 ·
I've got Pacemakers on my EB (same unit as AU) with a standard rear system (cat back). I cannot place comments on here as it is a family forum......

#7 ·
i run advanced extractors, with magna flow high flow cat... 2.5" stainless steal system with one genie turbo muffler..

make sure you FIT A CAT!!! even if its factory.. they make such a tiny difference that its not worth screwing up the environment for, as well as there being a MASSIVE fine if you get caught with out one.

(all it is, is a piece of honey comb style mesh, with heaps up bright red, burning excess fuel and crap, so as you could imagine, unlike the old wives tale it makes stuff all difference, if you must, go high flow)

cheers

steve

#12 ·
well there you go!! I didnt know that about new zealand.

BUT i would still highly recommend that you put them on, ESPECIALLY if your in australia!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.