Exhaust Preference - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Exhaust
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2001, 16:52   #1 (permalink)
Mod/Crown Vic Cruiser

Exhaust Preference

I plan on putting dual exhaust onto my car. I dont want a SUPER loud car(glasspakcs) but would like a nice sound(moderatly loud). What are your preferences when it comes to mufflers... I have heard ALOT about Flowmasters. Let me know your opinions?

Jonathan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2001, 09:54   #2 (permalink)
Grand Marquis Member

Thumbs up

Flowmaster makes several series of muffler. The new 40 series is supposed to be a very nice sounding muffler. I haven't heard a set myself, but the guy at the shop that did my system said they had a nice Mustang rumble. The 50 series I'm told is LOUD!! So if you like your neighbors, you may not want them!

I went with the DynoMax Super Turbos. I have had them on 3 of my cars over the years, and I really love the sound....not to mention they flow like an SOB. :D (Again using the Mustang as the benchmark, that's about what I sound like at idle, with a very nice rumble as I accelerate.)

Ray

1993 Grand Marquis w/170,000+ miles and counting. Now it's time to make her FAST!!!

Current mods:
12" conical K&N filter, Custom side exit exhaust with X-pipe and Dynomax Super Turbo mufflers, replaced stock fan and clutch with PI electric fan and PSM fan controller, Aluminum PI driveshaft.
Body mods include a '95 Cobra rear spoiler, tinted windows, 17" Mustang Split 5-spoke rims w/ P255/50-17 BFG g-Froce TA radials, and a 14,000lb Auxillary Trans Cooler.
Interior: Custom A-pillar guage pod w/ Digital oil pressure and Trans. Temp. guages.
93 Marquis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2001, 16:05   #3 (permalink)
Drewdogg

Red face

How about the Turbo II mufflers from cherrybomb? They arent as loud as Flowmasters, but still sound nice (cheap too)
Old 08-13-2001, 08:03   #4 (permalink)
fordman460

i have a 92 CV with a ford h-pipe two flowmaster 50 series delta flows and 95 pi tail pipes. i used the flowmasters for a lincoln mark vii because they were the right size. it has a very mellow very subdued rumble. the only time i like it is at WOT. when i replace the exhaust im going to go with the 40 series flowmasters for a little more rumble. im trying to keep the car kinda stealthy but i gotta have my rumble. Hope this helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Exhaust