Exhaust quotes (EFV8)
I've done a lot of reading over this forum and I think I want a twin 2.25" all the way through, but if the price is too much I'll just have to go single 2.5/3". It's an auto, with GT40P heads and herrod supplied 4-1 extractors (have been told by one shop they are De Filipo). Currently this means I make all my (little) power 2500-4800rpm or so.
1) Will going a twin 2.25" be too restrictive for this power range? I'd like to get back some of the torque for the auto so is this option going to be best of both worlds or worst? :p (best being torque low & power high, worst being no torque with restricted power)
On to the quotes though, for a cat back , I've been quoted, including fitting etc:
True Flow Exhausts: (mild steel, redback components etc)
- single 2.5 $330
- dual 2.25 $700
- single 2.5 mild steel $425
- single 2.5 stainless $895
- dual 2.25 stainless, custom 16" straight through mufflers (his personal specs) that end up 2" out the back, its his personal "best" system apart from going Remus $1950
2) What do you guys think of these prices?
Now, I think 1950$ for a cat-back exhaust is a bit of a rip, i mean, it can't be worth twice as much can it :p And i'm not spending 1/5th the value of the car. What I am fairly sure of is that the quality from them will be higher than True Flow, and that the guy at SunEx seems to know quite well what he's talking about (you can see he loves the work :)). He's also said that if you get the dual they will do all the extra work in customising the sound to my tastes for nothing (which i would expect!). Stainless comes with a 10-year warranty.
3) Can anyone comment on either of these exhaust shops?
4) Can anyone else recommend a place to do a dual 2.25 in the melbourne area (prefer north-west but i'm willing to travel if i save a grand on it :p) so I can get some more quotes to compare on?
5) What do people think of De Filipo 4-1 extractors? Would it be wise to change them over and fit Hurricanes etc or would the gains be too minimal to notice?
6) Anything else you feel like adding!