Exhausts - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Exhaust
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2002, 07:04   #1 (permalink)
Dreamer

Exhausts

Well i have finally bitten the bullet and decided on my exhaust system for I6 Fairmonte.

Ive now got pacemaker headers sitting on my bedroom floor, a 2.5" hiflow cat sitting next to it

and to be fabricated is a 2.5" mandrel bent piping, fitting a single lukey turbo muffler, and no resonator (for the time being) if drone is annoying, or system to loud a lukey resonator will be fitted.

So hopefully by the w/end my car will be pumping out about 185kw+ (remember has full cold air setup, higher comp ratio)

shall be neeeeece

P.S. wrote this to check out is avatar worked, but feel free to comment, otherwise just look at avatar
South is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2002, 16:31   #2 (permalink)
Ex Member

Re: Exhausts

Quote:
Originally posted by South
Well i have finally bitten the bullet and decided on my exhaust system for I6 Fairmonte.

Ive now got pacemaker headers sitting on my bedroom floor, a 2.5" hiflow cat sitting next to it

and to be fabricated is a 2.5" mandrel bent piping, fitting a single lukey turbo muffler, and no resonator (for the time being) if drone is annoying, or system to loud a lukey resonator will be fitted.

So hopefully by the w/end my car will be pumping out about 185kw+ (remember has full cold air setup, higher comp ratio)

shall be neeeeece

P.S. wrote this to check out is avatar worked, but feel free to comment, otherwise just look at avatar
You will have an anoying drone, but you do get used to it after a while... she wont be very quiet anymore, but for the extra power its worth it....
Old 06-19-2002, 18:14   #3 (permalink)
Powered by HAD

What sort of pacemakers are they? i.e. Stainless or HPC, and is the cat stainless??

Mind if I ask how much? :s4
Old 06-19-2002, 18:52   #4 (permalink)
Boat Hunting ;)

im getting my AU2 exhaust done today and am VERY excited :bs2: should sound and go sweet, this is my first engine mod.
AU2 S-pack Owner: Silhouette Black, XR6 Wheels, Tickford Sunroof, C2R rear bar, Checker Plate Floor Mats, Chrome Door Sills, Blue Backlite Dash, Blue Painted Brake Callipers, Advanced Extractors, Magnaflow High Flow Cat, 2.5" Stainless Steel Mandrel Bent Custom Exhaust, Genie Muffler. Sony Explode 50w x 4 deck, Kenwood 140w speakers (front and rear), Boss 1200 watt Amplifier, 12" Orion Sub in custom box. More To Come!!
younggun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2002, 19:45   #5 (permalink)
Dreamer

pacemakers are mild steel i think and have that blue outer paint, dont think its HPC coated, coz that paint scratches off very easily.

cat is mild steel also, 2.5" hiflow

headers cost me $395
cat cost me $80 2nd hand good as new
cat back is going to be $260 mild steel

Mate knows the owner, and all the boys go to him for work. Only getting mild steel as im not going to own car for ever and ever, and current system is still perfect, no holes, no rust, and its 8yrs old. So s/s is a waste of money
Old 06-19-2002, 20:39   #6 (permalink)
XR Wannabee

South,

If your interested I got a catback done on my EF at Quickfit in Balcatta for $180

It is 2.5" mild steel from cat back with a single lukey straight thru muffler. Got a stainless steel tip which put it up to $200 but I have been very happy with their work. I actually called them for a quote orginally at 9am and ended up having the system fitted by midday.

I also used the same people for my EA a couple of years ago and had the same system plus s/s genie headers done for $570.

I have referred a couple of people on to them and they have all been happy with their work.

95' EF Falcon Series II
Spinksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2002, 21:27   #7 (permalink)
Dreamer

thanks spinsky, but a straight thru is no good for the I6, you will loose power by putting that in. the systems needs pressure to expell the exhaust, to give you ompf, straight thru doesnt have a build up of pressure, and hence want get the ompf.

plus this guy is doing something else to the system for me, i cant say what tho.

thanks anyhow. Oh btw, neighbours bf has same car as me, but ghia, and hes got same system as you, and well not to be rude, but it sounds a bit yuck to my likings. Either way, this time next week, my system will be complete
yippy!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-19-2002, 22:00   #8 (permalink)
XR Wannabee

Yep no worrries, just thought you might be interested.

Don't know about your theory with the straight thru muffler but my car didn't suffer by having one fitted. Although I have never tried a turbo muffler on it.

95' EF Falcon Series II
Spinksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2002, 22:27   #9 (permalink)
Dreamer

thanks dude

had lots of conflicting theorys about the I6 exhaust

everyone telling me different things, other companies calling other places morons etc, and the 2 most honest have told me turbo muffler is best way to go, straight will not help much at all. The other companies have also quoted me prices through the roof for systems, so at the end of the day, all they want is my money, and not whats best for me..
Old 06-20-2002, 01:35   #10 (permalink)
TS 40

Quote:
Originally posted by younggun
im getting my AU2 exhaust done today and am VERY excited :bs2: should sound and go sweet, this is my first engine mod.
Younggun im interested in finding out how ur exhaust went on the AU2.Is yours a 6??? Whats the specs of ur new exhaust and what does it sound like???
Thanks.....
StevenAU2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Exhaust