Ford Forums banner

Headers and Pipes

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  5_Speed 
#1 ·
I know this topic has been discussed to death, but stuff it, I just love talking cars.

The other day I was told that my exhaust was on the way out from an exhaust retailer - sus. But then, this is just the perfect excuss to fit a decent system.

I priced a system for my EF and it consisted of the following:
Pacemaker Headers
Hi-Flow Cat
1 straght through muffler (Walker/Genie)
1 resonator
2.5 inch stainless pipes
All mandrel bends

This was going to set me back approx $1500 (fitted)

Has any one else fitted a similar system, was it too droney and am I being ripped off (haven't really shopped around yet)?

Also I hear that when fitting extrators to manuals, the heat could affect the clutch cable. I don't really want to have to use heat rap, but I would rather have a working clutch. Anyone else had these problems?

I am also looking at getting a CROW stage 2 cam fitted, I now crow go on about how you should only use their recomended exhaust systems to match their cams, but I think that the above system would be OK, anyone esle fitted one of these cams? (or got a better suggestion)

Has anyone used a set of ESA headers or has an opinion on them. I hear they do the headers for Tickford. I have been quoted for a set of these and they are about $200 cheaper than the pacemakers.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.