Herrod Exhaust for XR8 - Who has had one fitted - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Exhaust
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2003, 15:48   #1 (permalink)
maartes

Thumbs up Herrod Exhaust for XR8 - Who has had one fitted

Greetings All

I am currently the proud owner of an 8 week old Blueprint Blue XR8.......and loving every minute of it. Unfortunately I want to love it even more and am thinking of getting the Herrod exhaust system put on.

However at a cost of $3,000 I would like some feedback from those who have had an exhaust fitted on the BA be it cats back or full exhaust system.

Could you advise me of your level of satisfaction with the purchase. I am particularly looking for more response under 3000rpm without any more cabin noise.

As I am in Newcastle I would have to take it to Brad Garlick?? Ford to get fitted. Any comments Re fittment of the exhaust here would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2003, 16:00   #2 (permalink)
gone

Maartes

I have an XR8, I also have had the full system fitted, and it has been posted in this forum before

Welcome to the forums, but a bit of looking through some of the threads may have answered your question

Are the 260 Xr8 really 260kws

I have posted a graph from before and after the exhaust!
laminge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2003, 16:02   #3 (permalink)

BS888 has also had a Herrod system fitted to his BA XT V8.

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2003, 20:15   #4 (permalink)
Pinky!

Don't worry about Brad Garlicks they do good work, great people there, no problems.
Old 05-22-2003, 20:15   #5 (permalink)

Herrod Exhaust

I have fitted a full system to my XR8 Demo and it is great. Definate improvement in low to mid range, especially noticeable from 50km. Only 2 complaints;

1) The amount of skin I took off my hand getting the manifold bolts done back up. We did it the "easy" way from underneath, ie. we did not remove the engine. Yes some dealers actually get their hand dirty. (not very often mind you)

2) It is a bit too loud, I am supposed to be a responsible Ford Dealer. I will probably fit another silencer to tone down the rumble just a touch!
anondealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2003, 21:48   #6 (permalink)
Nacho Nacho Man!

You did it with the engine in??? That's not supposed to be possible, but interesting to find out it is, even if it's a skin-tearing experience. :s3
Old 05-22-2003, 23:46   #7 (permalink)

It is definately possible with the engine in, there 2 manifold bolts (lower pass rear) that we had to make a special tool. Actually we cut and bent an apprentices beand new ball ended allen key to fit.
anondealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2003, 01:28   #8 (permalink)

Ah the apprentice tool box. The best source for those secret special tools. I hope you bought the kid a new allen key.
Old 06-29-2003, 05:30   #9 (permalink)
sierra63

Re: Herrod Exhaust for XR8 - Who has had one fitted

Dear maartes -
Just got my 2002 AU3 XR8 back from Brad Garlic Ford in Sydney - Had the full front to back herrod installed. The guys at BG were great. They had time to talk and explain to you and appeared to have done an excelent job - No, it is not one of the cheaper items to buy, but it certainly makes a difference to the sound.
Only had it back a few days now, so still learing the differences between the old and the new. One thing I did notice was the area in the 2 - 2.5K area as you lightly step on the loud pedal (I have been told that it is possible to tread softly on this one), then you hear a sucking / gurgling noise... not sure if this is the norm or further investigation needed on my part...
Perhaps I will have to visit my mates at Brad Galic again, and ask them if this sound is the norm under these driving conditions. Let us know if / when you decide......
Old 06-29-2003, 06:41   #10 (permalink)
Rip Up The Track Join OFR

Re: Herrod Exhaust for XR8 - Who has had one fitted

Herrod Motorsport exhaust system for a xr8 costs about $2050 how much does it cost to fit and do they keep your old headers ?
XRFPV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Exhaust