Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Melbourne VIC
I had a Herrod cat back exhaust fitted to my AU2 220. It was one of his sigle 2.5 inch systems with rear resonator. It worked very well, made a nice sound, and is in fact doing service on WASA's TS50 after a sale at Aussie Petre's warehouse a while back (he he).
I can only offer some pros and cons on Herrod systems:
- the single exhaust will have a limit in how much power you will get. If you intend to get serious down the track, buy the twin system
- the mufflers in these systems are hand made and don't quite have that deep meaty sound I now have from Magnaflows
- you can fit the system in 10 minutes front to back (no bull, it's so easy it isn't funny). And it fits RIGHT - no messing around.
- it's well made mandrel bent stainless steel all in one piece sections (i.e. no welded up bends etc.
- it uses all the standard hanger points on the car
- it sounds way better than even the standard system (and that's a compliment if ever I knew one).
I had my current exhaust custom fabricated which took three days. Now that Rob has off the shelf stuff available which bolts up in ten minutes, I know what I'd be doing!
BA'1.5' Pursuit 290
Lightning Strike / Reflective Orange Stripes
'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.
'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.