Mercury Mufflers - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Exhaust
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2005, 22:00   #1 (permalink)
92 EB II XR6

Mercury Mufflers

i have an EB XR6 with a 2.5 inch cat back, im getting the pacemaker comps fitted on monday, i asked the guy at the exhaust shop for him to fit the most high flowing muffler, he suggested a mercury strait through, it has no dog leg or bend it just strait through and its 12 inches long... hes also adding new pipe from the cat back to the muffler with 25 degree bends instead of 35, im getting the pacemaker PH4480 comp a new middle pipe and a super strait through mercury muffler all for $800 is this good and has anyone heard of mercury? and will have just that single muffler cause huge drone?

sorry about the big post, any help much appreciated,

Brad.
TickfordXRFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2005, 22:33   #2 (permalink)
If Only I Had Lexus Power

Re: Mercury Mufflers

why do u want the most flow, Mercury are cheap and is prob the ppl that give him the biggest discount, I would keep some back pressure , Saying that though i am only running 2 hotdogs and makin 140rwkw
Bugatti Veyron 16.4 ---- W 16 Configuration, Quad Turbo 1001 HP, 1250Nm, 4 Wheel Drive
redGhia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 22:46   #3 (permalink)
92 EB II XR6

are you saying there a crap muffler?, apparently this guy is into performance and he knows alot about it... is the price worth it?
Old 02-14-2005, 09:03   #4 (permalink)
92 EB II XR6

well.... i had it all fitted today, cant complain at all in the performance department, but... i can officialy say my car sounds like RICE, sounds like a 4 cylinder. as soon as i get above 3000rpm it goes tinny and throaty like a 4, its no way near as deep as it was... is there anything i can do do eliminate this RICE sound and the now excessive drone im pissed i lost my good note!

help much appreciated,

Brad.
Old 03-01-2005, 20:29   #5 (permalink)
cArSiK

mate , i had a mercury system on my old ED and it sounded like crap aswell. Droned like there was no tomorrow. I took the hot dog off the back and put a stright through muffler in and that made it a LITTLE better......but still sounded cheap.

James
cArSiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 00:09   #6 (permalink)
If Only I Had Lexus Power

dont mean to say i told you so but........................Anyway there isnt much u can do apart from replacing the mufflers to a higher quality one
Bugatti Veyron 16.4 ---- W 16 Configuration, Quad Turbo 1001 HP, 1250Nm, 4 Wheel Drive
redGhia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 22:32   #7 (permalink)

im glad i read this. was CONSIDERING a mercury not anymore though
Old 03-27-2005, 04:15   #8 (permalink)

Mercury is cheap crap meant for standard cars. Sound is quiet but a tinny bark at high revs. Redback is cheap as well but has a better sound. Lots of people in Melb rave about them. In QLD they seem to sell alot of ESA cat back systems for $280 fitted. What about trying the old Lukey Turbo muffler ???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Exhaust