Ford Forums banner

Mick Webb exhaust for AUII XR8 - opinions?

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  TheBow 
#1 ·
Hi,

I just got off the phone to Mick Webb SVO down in Melbourne and was wondering if any of you guys have been using his exhausts.

My present vehicle is an AUII XR8 ute with the standard 200kw engine.

Any opinions? hows it sound - how would you rate the improvement overall?

It sounds like a good piece of gear but it's always great to get some end-user opinions.

The T series airbox and filter was also reccomended.

So anyone that has this setup I would love to hear how it's going, fuel consumption etc.

Thanks

#2 ·
Don't buy the T series snorkel off Mick. He charges $50.00. You can buy it from Ford for $26.00.
The exhaust system that he uses is HM. Buy parts Peddler and there is aspeed shop selling them where you fit the system yourself. I think the price is roughly $1300. You gain an extra 20 kilowatts at the wheels.

#3 ·
I've heard good things about Mick's exhaust systems on E series cars and I have no reason to expect any different for AU. However, let me just say that you want to do some research because a good twin system outperforms the singles these days. Mick's stuff is a 2.5 inch single if I remember right.

Do a thread search on these forums and read up on pros and cons.

#4 ·
stevenrad13,

Mick's T-Series snorkel is nothing like the one from ford mate. he's one is nuch bigger than the shitty one that ford sell. Thats why he is charging that amount. The bloke ain't stupid to charge that much for a item that ford sell cheaper!

#6 ·
Aussie Pete said:
I've heard good things about Mick's exhaust systems on E series cars and I have no reason to expect any different for AU. However, let me just say that you want to do some research because a good twin system outperforms the singles these days. Mick's stuff is a 2.5 inch single if I remember right.

Do a thread search on these forums and read up on pros and cons.
Cool, that's an interesting point and I know it has been debated endlessly on this forum. I am not too bothered either way - I just want more power especially low and mid range.

Anyone got reccomendations for someone that does good and reasonably priced work in Sydney. I can get the Mick Webb system sent up and fitted locally so no problem but it would be easier to get everything done here.

#7 ·
Yes, the AUII (200kW) and onwards all have the Tickford air intake.
You should be able to tell by the Tickford stamp impression moulded into the top of the air intake snorkel mouth (just to the right of the bonnet latch).

However, the AUII (200kW) throttle body is smaller then the current Tickford models.

Definately worth fitting a K&N panel air filter for a start. For under $100 you will notice the mid-high end pull.

#8 ·
xlr8ing said:
Yes, the AUII (200kW) and onwards all have the Tickford air intake.
You should be able to tell by the Tickford stamp impression moulded into the top of the air intake snorkel mouth (just to the right of the bonnet latch).

However, the AUII (200kW) throttle body is smaller then the current Tickford models.

Definately worth fitting a K&N panel air filter for a start. For under $100 you will notice the mid-high end pull.
Cool, I will have alook under the bonnet this afternoon and see if that is the case.

KNow of anywhere reasonable in Sydney for the K&N filter panels?

Is the TB size 70mm or more?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.