Opinions on Redback Exhaust? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Exhaust
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2004, 02:09   #1 (permalink)

Opinions on Redback Exhaust?

Hey peeps,
I was wondering if anyone has fitted a Redback exhaust to their BA XR8, and if so, what do you think of it? I got one fitted to my BA XR8 Ute today and they claim an 18Kw gain at the rear, but I think someone has been playing with themselves a bit. After taking it for a spin I can notice a little bit of power increase in the top end (after 4,000) but whether it's my imagination or not, it feels a little sluggier down in the low ranges now.
I asked the guy who fittted it that I wanted a nice 'basey' idle and throaty sound and I am kinda impressed by the sound up top, the idle sounds just a little louder than the stock exhaust! If anyone can share their experience, then it would be much appreciated.

I know some people will say that I should of got a Defilipo or some other type of exhaust but I really didn't want to spend up to $1,600 on an exhaust, and I was "told" that the Redback has a very similar sound to the Defilipo anyway. Not sure that I agree with that one though..

Cheers,

Tockley.
Tockley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2004, 15:34   #2 (permalink)
Ford Member

cool Re: Opinions on Redback Exhaust?

I have a Redback system on my BA xr8 ....

Sounds great no droning at all a little burblier when backing off ... I think a good thing ..But you get a nice sporty note overall

Performance ...... 2 RKRW

I dynoed B4 exhuast was done 220rkrw after same dyno 222rkrw ... So there is nothing in it really .. I showed the dyno results to the exhuast place and the copied them and forwarded them to the supplier, But I have heard nothing since

Car was also dynoed at a club day 1 week later on a different dyno and 222.5 rkrw was the result ...

I am happy with the sound but a little dissapointed with the performance gained ... so never believe the hype or advertised type lol
00racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 18:08   #3 (permalink)
Ford Fan

Re: Opinions on Redback Exhaust?

Guys out of curiosity, what did the Redback system cost?

Is that headers and pipes or is it just from the Cat. back?

Thanks
XR6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 01:05   #4 (permalink)

It is worth $998 and that is just Cat back..
Old 07-29-2004, 02:52   #5 (permalink)
Ford Member

cool Re: Opinions on Redback Exhaust?

Hi,

Cats Back $550 fitted ...... shop said if I didnt like it they would take it off

I still retained my original system ... just bolt old off and reinstall no welding
Old 07-29-2004, 04:46   #6 (permalink)
Rip Up The Track Join OFR

if i had $600 to spare for an exhaust, i would put it towards headers 1st..should get more out of it than 2.5 rwkw..
seen the pacemakers for the boss on Ebay for $560 a set thats cheap..

PHANTOM BA XR8 UTE, AUTO, UNICHIP, APS TUNED 229 RWKW ET:13.47.

Rods Rocket, Boss n/a 290 Unichip Tuned by APS et:12.6@110 Mph
We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

XRFPV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 05:34   #7 (permalink)
BLitzer - Bitzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tockley
I wanted a nice 'basey' idle and throaty sound and I am kinda impressed by the sound up top, the idle sounds just a little louder than the stock exhaust!
give it some time to fill up with carbon and crap, should sound better with time
Old 07-30-2004, 06:19   #8 (permalink)
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel

Quote:
I asked the guy who fittted it that I wanted a nice 'basey' idle and throaty sound and I am kinda impressed by the sound up top, the idle sounds just a little louder than the stock exhaust! If anyone can share their experience, then it would be much appreciated.

Tockley.
Was it a Stainless or Mild Steel system?

Stainless will give you a deeper note but they do cost a little more. Also as lx^el advised, you have to give them a couple of weeks to settle in and carbon up before you will get the full sound.
Old 07-30-2004, 19:22   #9 (permalink)

I'm not sure to be honest! It's coated in a mat black finish. For the $800 they are charging, I would think that it is stainless?
Old 07-31-2004, 02:23   #10 (permalink)
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel

Quote:
I'm not sure to be honest! It's coated in a mat black finish. For the $800 they are charging, I would think that it is stainless?
For $800 I would hazard a guess that it's mild steel. Stainless systems are up around the $1000 mark.

That, and the fact that it sounds like it was coated with a high temp paint.

If you can spend the extra dollars, stainless is the way to go. It gives a deeper sound and will last forever.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Exhaust