Ford Forums banner

oversize 41mm exhaust valves, aftermarket or genuine or custom valves

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  clevo400 
#1 ·
I'm putting XR6 size valves into a standard head. Genuine Ford valves are $36 each and aftermarket ones are $11 each. The question is has anyone has anyone had any bad experiences with aftermarket valves or should I get custom one piece valves made up as I reckon they wouldn't cost much more than what ford are charging.

#2 ·
greetings
i have use a few sets of aftermarket L34 valves many years ago now with no problems at all

one of the engines that i built around 15 to 20 years ago is still running strong with them valves still in it

regards
rod

#3 ·
Depending as some aftermarket valves are made by the same company which make the originals from Ford. Go the better ones made out of Stainless Steel which are Swirl Polished, etc, etc. See if brands like Speed Pro, Manley, TRW, etc, etc make any off the shelf. I find standard head gear is good if you don't rev past 5500 prm and don't have more than 100 lb seat pressure and 250 lb open pressure on the springs !!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.