Pacemaker & exhausts - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Exhaust
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2002, 17:14   #1 (permalink)
EB wagon

Pacemaker & exhausts

Hey boys, yesterday i got those pacemaker headers and a 2 1/2 inch mandrel bent exhaust system put in my EB wagon. Should i be noticing any power gains with only 1 muffler? Coz i didnt notice SHIT! Actually, i noticed that my car was running crappier than it did with the stock exhaust! IS this coz it needs too be burnt in? My engine appears to be running a bit colder too. Getting this done was part of a cam and chip package that im going to get done next week so hopefully it adds to the whole system. Will be getting dyno runs done so hopefully im not throwing money away again.

Brent
Brent79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2002, 23:03   #2 (permalink)
Phat Drift Damage Victim

I wouldnt think u'd notice much with just an exhaust job, I only noticed that it was revving slightly easier with mine, but that was mainly due to the cat bein nearly ****ed tho.

U'll only notice it'll sound different once it's burnt in, and u'll also go deaf aswell like I have, ever since I got my exhaust people have been saying my voice has gotten quiter.

Is this the BIG surprise???
Stock as a Rock for the moment

TQE's
XplodEd EA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2002, 18:57   #3 (permalink)
EB wagon

Not too bad

Well yesterday i rang em up and asked em, they said that they had too disconnect the ECU? coz they needed to weld a bracket to the chasis?! This would explain why my car was running shit.
ITs running great now! Like you said ed, it revvs so much more freely and effortlessly. Cant wait too get my chip and cam now!

Hey ed, what kinda zorst did u get? How long does it take to 'burn in'? I notice with mine that when the engine is cold it makes next to no noise but when at op temp, it sounds awesome.
It is good too coz at cruise it doesnt make much noise either.

Cheers

Brent
Old 07-04-2002, 21:17   #4 (permalink)
formerly sikEA

Hey Brent

Where did u get the exhaust done? And how much? I can pick up some Mongoose Extractors for $180, but I never heard of them, would rather a brand I know like pacemaker.

I already got the Cat back 2.25in system.....but I think my cat is dead. Did u get a new cat?

...mmm clevo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundeep
And Yagz, come back in six months faggot
old_mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2002, 22:34   #5 (permalink)
EB wagon

Hey siko, I got it done at Right Price Exhausts at moss st.
They charged $327 for the pacemaker itself. cost me a total of $654 which did not include a cat. I had just got a new cat a few months back and they said it wouldnt restrict much flow. It included 2 1/2" mandrel tubing, single muffler, and chrome tail pipe.

Brent
Old 07-04-2002, 23:38   #6 (permalink)
Phat Drift Damage Victim

I've just got a 2.5" press bent system with one muffler, the brand I've forgotten, paid $380 which included a 2.5" cat at Jack Beedhams redcliffe. It took a couple of months to fully burn in, but it wasnt driven everyday of the week, so if you're driving it more regularly it'll happen quicker.

I'm gonna wait a while before extractors, from what i've heard from alot of people is that fuel consumption will go up with them. Also I was speaking to a mechanic that used to work for ford designing the fuel injection systems and he told me it wasnt really worth converting over to multi-point.
Stock as a Rock for the moment

TQE's
XplodEd EA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2002, 03:59   #7 (permalink)

hmm

Im getting the full pacemaker header and redback 2.5 system done soon. I certainly hope I get significant power gains out of my car but it is also helpful to wait and see what others have gained as well.

If you have the new extractors (or any new goodies) in you should reset your computer by disconnecting the + from the battery for about 5 minutes. I never knew you had to 'burn in' the zorst to hear and feel the difference! Im getting the mpefi conversion soon but most of the power gained in MPEFI is in the top end I heard and CFI and MPEFI don't really 'feel' that different in a EA 3.9 donks. I driven a EA monty Ghia stock and its grunt is not much if any different to mine, apart from the creature comforts. Though it seems on the EB II with the 4l donk the drive like a alot different car.

As for the MPEFI conversion id go for a manual conversion first.
That'll make your EA-EB-ED rocket allot harder than any mod here. Also has anyone got a high-flo cat on their cars (straight six OHC) any difference? The fellow at the muffler shop says it negligable only in top end power really.
The Fonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2002, 04:04   #8 (permalink)

I also heard you loose power on a 2.5 system than a 2 .25 one?
Is that true?
The Fonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2002, 16:28   #9 (permalink)
EB wagon

Not true

Ok, here is my opinion. I found at frist that the MPI conversion didnt do much for power but it did make my car far more responsive. With my new pacemaker and zorst my car now absolutely KICKS ass!! I blasted away a silvia last night. Sure he was infront for the first 50M but once my car pulled over the 2500RPM mark it just exploded into power. I dont think i could have achieved this with a CFI setup. Im really starting to see the potential in the old 3.9L :)

Brent
Old 07-05-2002, 21:43   #10 (permalink)
EB wagon

BTW ed, its a *small* part of the BIG surprise!
Well maybe not a surprise to you ford boyz coz you know the
potential of a falcon. More of a surprise to all those commie wanks out there! Im actually thinking now that buying a wagon instead of a sedan was the best choice coz no one expects you to beat them in an old family wagon! :)

With regards to the MPI producing more power only at high RPM, this is absolute bull. I found the more power came at lower RPM giving the MPI setup heaps more response. Definately glad i did it even if it did cost me over 2 grand.

Brent
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Exhaust