Ford Forums banner

Pacemaker Headers

19K views 140 replies 24 participants last post by  XRFPV8 
#1 · (Edited)
Pacemaker Headers......Pics on car

:edit: :edit: Looky here at what I found upon my visit to the local zorst man !!!! A nice new set of Headers from Pacemaker for my XR 8 ! Should be fitted on Thursday, fingers crossed. PICS ARE BELOW :edit: :edit:

Cheers, Ray.

#2 ·
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm VB :eek:)

At last someone who is gonna give the pacemakers a go on the BA.
Let us know what sort of gains you get. I am very close to gettting one of these but need to save up a bit first....

Have you done any other mods? You gonna do a before and after dyno?

#4 ·
fullthrottle, never had my car on a dyno , probably never will but if it feels good you cannot argue with that. I have only done cold air and the twin 3" zorst.

dicast, Cheap !! Nah really I think they retail for around $750 - $800

#5 ·
Ahhh you're that guy with the twin 3" system. Sweet! let me know how you go dude.......!!! Only one more day to go. btw where are you getting it done?

and yeh..they are VERY cheap in comparison to whats out there at the moment.....

#8 ·
ray already has his twin 3'' catback system on ..
ray could you tell us, i think you have a single pipe over the diff ??
should be ready for another trip to Calder soon ....
SEEE YOU THERE...

#10 ·
XRFPV8 said:
ray already has his twin 3'' catback system on ..
ray could you tell us, i think you have a single pipe over the diff ??
should be ready for another trip to Calder soon ....
SEEE YOU THERE...
Mark that is correct,single 4inch mutha over the diff.
Working on the handbreak re Calder.

Cheers,Ray.

#11 ·
fullthrottle said:
Ahhh you're that guy with the twin 3" system. Sweet! let me know how you go dude.......!!! Only one more day to go. btw where are you getting it done?

and yeh..they are VERY cheap in comparison to whats out there at the moment.....

Getting them fitted by our local guru Taylah Made Exhausts here in Melton.

Cheers,Ray.

#12 ·
G'day fellas,while I was punting around Melbourne today in my old trusty truck (Had to be be at least 900 degrees in the cab,NO A/C) the boys down at TAYLAH MADE EXHAUSTS went to work on the XR8 fitting the Pacemakers.What a difference they make!! not only to the note but it has also got rid of the throttle lag,as for performance if the bumometer is any indication it's all good.Quality- Excellent. Price-more than competetive. Get into em fellas I reckon there a good thing.Cheers,Ray.

#14 · (Edited)
well done Ray your setup is nearly the same as GT i heard last Friday sounded great..what cats did you use?
Ray engine out to fit them ??

#15 ·
Spoke to Ray tonight re: the headers, apparently it reduces a hell of the lag down low, i'm looking foreard to having a spin of the beast next time i'm up there. Maybe he'll let me drive it at calder?? (hint hint..)

No motor out, took a few hours, and already has heat shielding included, which wont melt the steering rack boot as what happened with mine. Will be interesting to compare herrods extractors vs pacemakers

#16 ·
The pacemakers has been specifically designed with smaller primaries to reduce the "loss" of feel down low (my biggest complaint).... so it sounds like it is doing its job. I just wanted to hear it from someone who has done it before jumping in....

Thanks Ray. I'll take your word for it and start saving up for a set, which shouldn't take too long considering its generous pricing :eek:)

What would give it even more omph down low is a tri y setup, but no one seems to be making these or plan to..... hmmmmmmmmmm Heard HM Headers might be looking at the Tri Y setups but when I called them they said they didnt plan on looking at headers for the BA XR8s until "later in the year" whatever that means...

#19 ·
Rodderz said:
Spoke to Ray tonight re: the headers, apparently it reduces a hell of the lag down low, i'm looking foreard to having a spin of the beast next time i'm up there. Maybe he'll let me drive it at calder?? (hint hint..)

No motor out, took a few hours, and already has heat shielding included, which wont melt the steering rack boot as what happened with mine. Will be interesting to compare herrods extractors vs pacemakers
rodderz the herrod extractors are they made by a popular brand name for herrods as i want to stick to a brand i know also is the heat shielding that thermal wrap stuff or actually a shield

#20 · (Edited)
dicast said:
rodderz the herrod extractors are they made by a popular brand name for herrods as i want to stick to a brand i know also is the heat shielding that thermal wrap stuff or actually a shield

diecast,

as far as i know (better talking to rob to find out details) the headers i have on were made by difillipo, i got them on nearly a year ago. These have slightly larger pipes and have a further down collector than the pacemakers. They did reduce the lag, and gave loads more power as well as torque, but it'll be interesting to compare my ute with ray's as he has the pacey's. Not sure if the current Herrod extractors you buy now are of are different spec or what.

Mine did not get any heat shielding, it will be on soon though because of the burnt boot. I think they do get put on with new exhaust systems now.

The pacemaker ones come with heat shields that protect close and vulnerable parts of the motor from excess heat, and have info on how to do the whole job start to finish, without removing the motor.

#21 ·
rod c said:
Good question Mark about the cats. If they were left standard and got the sound and performance as well, the headers sound like a good buy.

fullthrottle, any news on the HPX system?
Yep.... had a listen t the HPX system.
Sounds good on idle but has a barkier note than the herrod system.

The dude that put it on had a 3 inch single system prior to the HPX and he said he does feel more grunt down low on the HPX system, but it took a couple of days for the mod to really kick in.

#22 ·
Rodderz said:
diecast,

as far as i know (better talking to rob to find out details) the headers i have on were made by difillipo, i got them on nearly a year ago. These have slightly larger pipes and have a further down collector than the pacemakers. They did reduce the lag, and gave loads more power as well as torque, but it'll be interesting to compare my ute with ray's as he has the pacey's. Not sure if the current Herrod extractors you buy now are of are different spec or what.

Mine did not get any heat shielding, it will be on soon though because of the burnt boot. I think they do get put on with new exhaust systems now.

The pacemaker ones come with heat shields that protect close and vulnerable parts of the motor from excess heat, and have info on how to do the whole job start to finish, without removing the motor.
:wnc: thanks for that i think ill i will jump on the bandwagon like everyone else and go with herrods least ill know the power figures

#23 ·
Phantom dude........
its been almost a week since you had the pacemakers in....still going good?

How do the pacemaker headers power gain compare to the catback system?

do they make any difference to the sound? deeper? throatier? barkier?

TIA

#25 ·
Fullthrottle , Going great guns mate, love it. Performs alot better down low and the sound is a bit deeper with more of a burble than before. Overall I am very impressed with the Pacemakers for their results and price, which are the two main criteria arent they?
Here are pics of the fit and the heat sheilding provided with them.

Cheers, Ray.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.