Quad exhausts Left and right can it be done? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Exhaust
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2003, 02:36   #1 (permalink)
Ingall Fan

Quad exhausts Left and right can it be done?

My parents have decided to have some mod's done to the XR8 early next year like Herrod extractors, zorst, unichip and ss induction no sure if all at once but they were wondering if you can get twin exhausts lert and right. im sure i have read it in someones signiture but i cannot remember who, how does it look any extra cost?

also has anyone with a XR8 had these mod's done around how much $$$ and much of a power increase, any info would be appreciated thanks.
240 T is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2003, 04:31   #2 (permalink)

Re: Quad exhausts Left and right can it be done?

I saw BA with DJR plates at Herrods today with dual exhausts on both sides so the answer is yes, it can be done but it may be restricted to a specific type like GT/P etc.

Maybe give Herrods a call for the scoop.
Old 11-24-2003, 11:43   #3 (permalink)

240T,
Quad pipes has been done to several XR8's and to a GTP. Herrods will do it in melbourne. If in sydney Brad Garlic Ford in Ryde will also do it. In actual fact Brad Garlic Ford was the first to do a quad exhaust. Look at the latest Performance ford mag in the newsagents this month.
GTP193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 22:34   #4 (permalink)
Movin!

I vaguely remember rob saying a while back they tested dual twins on the XR8/GT's and found that with the extra bends and joins to the twin system it was no better than the usual 3" single system out the back. Maybe interest has led to people wanting twin exhausts out the back for visual purposes, but not sure if there is any power difference
Old 11-24-2003, 23:21   #5 (permalink)
Mr Photoshop

Does the pipe go through each side of the fuel tank of does it bend and go right across after the tank?
CSV_LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 23:41   #6 (permalink)
Corner Hugger

I have also seen an absolutely stunning XR6T in Blueprint lowered and carrying a family cruise past and crap all over a Bogadore SS, it had quads and I think the words "You lucky bastard" exited under my breath. So yes it can be done to an XR6T, and considering it has been seen on XR8's and FPV's I think it's proven as possible. Give Rob a call, he should know.

European Ford Owners Club - Southern Region President

Zetec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 00:35   #7 (permalink)
X-DM!!

I saw a XR8 car in last months Ford Performance Mag and it had a dual system fitted by Carline @ Orange NSW if memory serves me correctly and D&T have a xr8 ute with a dual system but I am not to keen on the extra long pipe coming over to the left side with that final tight bend as well. Plus the pipe seems to run very close to the spare.

http://www.dtperformance.com.au/baxr8.htm
rod c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 01:28   #8 (permalink)
Falcontastic.

Even if it didn't add anymore power, I'd still go for the twin outlet (quad pipe's)just for the look's alone.
Laser a maser.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 19:21   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodderz
I vaguely remember rob saying a while back they tested dual twins on the XR8/GT's and found that with the extra bends and joins to the twin system it was no better than the usual 3" single system out the back. Maybe interest has led to people wanting twin exhausts out the back for visual purposes, but not sure if there is any power difference

If this is the case about quad pipes, then why is Herrod's going to fit them to the Mysterious DJR car that is sitting on the hoist in his work shop.
GTP193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 19:44   #10 (permalink)
In a blue Galaxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodderz
It says in that link Rod C provided and I quote "How does an extra 30 kilowatts sound?" Or are you just talking about the sound?
O.F.R #12
1999 AU XR8
14.594 @ 94.40mph
152.2RWKW (APS dyno)
Switchable Shift Kit, K&N panel filter, Lukey straight thru mufflers, momo gear and steer,
DBA slotted rotors/Bendix ultimate pads (front), Pioneer MP3 head unit and BA XR carpet mats.

Member of the Society Against Stupid SMS Language
Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Exhaust