Redback Exhausts - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Exhaust
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2003, 00:11   #1 (permalink)
Cant All Fords Be 5Spd

Redback Exhausts

Been a while since I annoyed anyone with my poor knowledge on mechanics but I have a question about redback exhausts.... I got one of my mates dad to order me a 2.5inch which I asked for a straight through because I am young and want a LOUDER system.... I got the system today and I was just wondering before I put it on if its going to be what I want..... because it seems to be the same as my old exhaust just with the mufflers spaced apart a little further down the pipe.... just wondering what peoples experiences are like with the twin muffler setup.... its a STR211 if that helps with anything.
Bertis_EB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2003, 00:30   #2 (permalink)
If Only I Had Lexus Power

Re: Redback Exhausts

was your old exhaust a standard 2.25" system. The redback systems are one of the more popular ones in S.A, therefore they must sound half decent. Is the system is a Resy ---Muffler-----Resy or is it diffrent ??. If its not on your car and you shine a torch down in the opposite direction of flow is there a dogleg or does it look straight through. im assuming its an O/Offset 10x4 F.G.P. Perf Tube S/Through with a dogleg

IT's what Inside that counts -- If sure itl be fine. It will not be the loudest system you will hear but it will give an Very notacable note , and it probably wont drone. Saying this im not taking resonsability if you do fit it and dont like it
Bugatti Veyron 16.4 ---- W 16 Configuration, Quad Turbo 1001 HP, 1250Nm, 4 Wheel Drive

Last edited by redGhia; 12-17-2003 at 00:32.
redGhia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 00:57   #3 (permalink)
Cant All Fords Be 5Spd

oh thanks for such a quick reply :)..... umm I just had a look down the first muffler and thats got stuff in it that seems to go straight... no dog leg... but I was told it wasnt a straight through muffler by another person.... I cant see down the second one its positioned about 30-40cm down from the tip of the exhaust.... I want it to be noticeable and a drone doesnt seem to bother me to much... thats what music is for.... I think I might try it out this weekend and just hope it does sound good.... They couldnt possibly have given me a 2.5inch with the standard ford mufflers on it and called it a sports exhaust....
Old 12-17-2003, 01:42   #4 (permalink)
If Only I Had Lexus Power

Ok first off The Redback system is not an original ford muffler its completley diffrent. Like i said its whats on the inside that counts. Although it may look similar

To make it easy follow this link and you will hear approximatley what your car will sound like on an EB (although this is a walker/Lukey link)

http://www.lukey.com.au/default.asp?...SOUND&catid=42

also the STR in the product code would also possibly indicate it is straight through
(they like to make easy for people)
Bugatti Veyron 16.4 ---- W 16 Configuration, Quad Turbo 1001 HP, 1250Nm, 4 Wheel Drive
redGhia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 02:18   #5 (permalink)
Cant All Fords Be 5Spd

ahh so it would.... goes to show what VCE has done for me... I'll chuck it on this weekend and let ya know how it goes anyways.... them sound files sound awesome to.... I got this redback 2.5 inch for $150 so I cant really be pissed if its dodgy (although 150 is a fortune for me)
Old 12-17-2003, 04:41   #6 (permalink)
XR Driver

I got 1 with no resinators it sounds real good the dash vibrates a lil when it hits 2800 - 3000 rpm but im yung so its all good
Old 12-18-2003, 06:17   #7 (permalink)
Cant All Fords Be 5Spd

well I put mine on yesterday and it sounds really really shit.... sounds good at 1000-1500rpm then at 2500 and cant hear it after that but I got a slight hole in my cat thats letting out a bit of pressure might need to weld it up and see how that sounds but I recon cutting the back resinator or muffler out will give it the note I want...... thing is 50% of the exhaust pressure seems to be coming out this little hole before it even hits my new exhaust...
Old 12-19-2003, 04:16   #8 (permalink)
Cant All Fords Be 5Spd

I put some muffler buddy over it but it still doesnt really have a much better not..... seemed to get slightly better as the day went on..... its half decent now but is still a bit soft for my liking..... people say that theirs sounds good at 4000rpm..... at that rpm all I hear is my engine reving theirs not really a note their.... I'm not sure if I still got a hole up near the manifold or what..... Does a hollow cat make a lot of noise that you can hear pretty easily???? somethings not right I know that much :S
Old 12-22-2003, 05:29   #9 (permalink)

Get rid of the resonator and get a hotdog instead they flow better and dont stop quite so much of that lovely sound your after.
17" ROH Shadow Chrome RT's, K&N Air Filter, LSD Conversion w/ 3.7 Gears.
Proudest Addition: Socks the Brindle Staffy Girl.
Proud TQE Operator
6pAc|30nG|00n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 04:08   #10 (permalink)
Cant All Fords Be 5Spd

I think I might..... should I buy another tailpipe or just cut the one off the pipe I got now??? I took the tailpipe totally off and just ran it through the straight through muffler and it sounded nuts..... only a little to nuts.... would annoy me after around 2 hours of driving it......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Exhaust