xr8 ute exhaust - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Exhaust
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2004, 19:12   #1 (permalink)

xr8 ute exhaust

just trying to price an exhaust, i was looking on the cappa site and they have a cat back twin 2.5" into 3" system for $700. but because its cat back it will only sound better it wont make the car go any better or will it? what i really want is a twin 2.5" system all the way (cappa have one in stainless steel but its $1600) oes anybody know were i could get one in mild steel and what i would be looking at paying?

also is it worth the extra money to get stainless steel, because from what i understand it only makes it sound better. and how much better would it sound?

sorry for all the questions i dont know much about exhausts

btw heres capas price list:
http://www.capa.com.au/prices_exhaust.htm#exhaust_ford
lowrida56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2004, 22:03   #2 (permalink)
walking power

Re: xr8 ute exhaust

There are plenty of threads around for exhausts, heres one of the main ones Extractors, Herrod, Pacemaker or Dephillipo
Old 08-28-2004, 03:07   #3 (permalink)
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel

You will pick up a few kws with a cat back system but the big gains are from extractors and high flow cats.

Stainless is heaps better over mild steel. It will not only last a lot longer but will give a deeper sound.
Old 09-05-2004, 14:04   #4 (permalink)

Hi guys, was interested reading all the "Gen" on exhausts, Done a fair bit of investigating myself!!! seems a good system is Pacemaker, or De Filipo, Headers 2.5in
into hi flow cats & Manta SS mandrel bent 2.5 Cats back full system, dyno: 6kw gain in rear wheels in a BA xr8 8000 kms sedan, fitted with a BMC air filter in the Stock Air Box... The car went Bloody Quick, & sounded absolutely superb, with no hint of that Terrible Bark or Cackle on over run or Straight revving, Alternatively A Rhemus Rear Muffler was also fitted & Tested, slightly deeper quieter note & same KW's (6, at rear wheels) Would be intewrested to hear any other comments. Understand Manta is a WA Manufacturer, I would like to hear if anyone has more info on them?
xr8baute is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Exhaust