Ford Forums banner

Yet more BA XR8 pics! (Including exhaust)

5K views 30 replies 21 participants last post by  BOON250 
#1 ·
Well, it finally got the better of me, and I too trundled down to the local dealer (Klosters in Hamilton, Newcastle), spoke with Chris, and had a crawl in, around, and over the XR8.

I gotta say, the new bulge certainly is a stunner, much better in reality than in the pics (not that the pics are exactly dogs bollocks to begin with!)

I also took some shots of the more pertinent details, like the exhaust headers & exhaust system (to the best of the angle I could get on the showroom floor!). I also had a crack at the "drivers view" pic, showing what the bulge looks like from the drivers seat.

Anyhow, enjoy!

Engine Bay
Passenger side exhaust headers.. can anyone say TIGHT!!
Engine Bay - lots of room around air filter
Front view - I've got mahogany(tm)
Lower front view - Baby, I want you.. I need you..
Exhaust system 1
Exhaust system 2
Front 3/4 shot - Oh baby, you so fine!
"Drivers View" (with flash)
"Drivers View" (without flash) - and who's that turkey in the rear view mirror?

After this little visit, I am in need of assistance - if anyone has any tricks or procedures for overcoming "depression caused by financial sensibleness", then please share them with me. I'm on the brink of doing something financially silly, and getting one of these lovely machines!!! :afro: :fluffy: :nuts:

See less See more
#3 ·
Nice piccies Sparkles. I would of though you would of placed a deposit there and then after seeing the XR8 in the metal. :s6:

#6 ·
Well done Sparkles, good piccies..........
This is why I still have not gone to have a look at one barring the Motorshow, tooooo tempting, salesman comes up can i help you, yes please add on 18's tint premium sound Herrod exhaust + lower it a fraction more say an 1" oh yes forgot the Momo wheel and knobby.......
Oh to dream till my upgrade

#11 ·
I am clearly missing something here, all these XR8's in the showroom yet I havent read anything from Motor or Wheels?

They usually get a drive months before the first car hits the floor. Have they already tested them and I was just living in my cave or something?

#14 ·
Look closely - it's a dual system already! Apart from the 90 degree bends behind the Control Blade, it also looked quite reasonable for a stocker, size wise. Ditch that exhaust tip and the rear resonator, and now we're talking :fluffy:

#16 ·
Hey Sparkles they are really good quality pictures. What kind of digital (?) camera is is because I'm in the market for a good one.

Which one is the one from the drivers profile? I like the engine pictures - I bet if you dropped a 20c coin from above it wouldn't hit the ground! I'm sure there are plently of mechanics not happy about the density of the engine - it's going to make servicing a headache :s6:

#20 ·
Rastus said:
Yeah I know Sparkles..sorry. I meant to see wether it would be possible to have dual outlets on opposite rear corners of the car.
Ah! I think not, the fuel filler is still on the left hand side, so I guess until they moved that, the regulations wouldn't permit it.. unless of course you plumbed a pipe over the Control Blade, and then back around to the passenger side... but that would be like 1m of extra pipe just on that side... :wtf:

But believe me, twin opposing exhausts would be oh-so-sweet :sexy:

#21 ·
BOF said:
I am clearly missing something here, all these XR8's in the showroom yet I havent read anything from Motor or Wheels?

They usually get a drive months before the first car hits the floor. Have they already tested them and I was just living in my cave or something?

They're all on Holidays i reckon, nomags are normally released over Xmas/New year

#22 ·
WOW!!!

Thanks for the pics Mr Sparkle amd XA-coupe:thup:

Mmmmmmmmmmmm....... BULGE:yummy: :yummy: :yummy:

#24 ·
If I ever win the lotto I'm getting one of these in Phantom.
This surely has to be the best looking Ford built in Australia ever!!.
Come on XA, give us some hi-res phantom! :hy: :hy: :hy: I'm so impressed with Ford, what a horny looking peice of machinary.
Thanks for the blueprint piccies Sparkles.

Cheers.

Mason.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.