Fuel usage? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.autos.ford.focus
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2005, 13:01   #1 (permalink)
Michael Heiming
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Fuel usage?

Hi!

Finally managed not to drive more then 100mph between filling up
fuel. Was mostly creeping with 70-85mph, 29mpg (8.1 l/100km) was
the result, (2l Zetec DOHC engine), had expected something
better. Usually get 25-27mpg (8.5-9.5 l/100km) without that much
care.

What are your experiences?

--
Michael Heiming (X-PGP-Sig > GPG-Key ID: EDD27B94)
mail: echo zvpunry@urvzvat.qr | perl -pe 'y/a-z/n-za-m/'
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-15-2005, 22:01   #2 (permalink)
John Cairns
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Fuel usage?


"Michael Heiming" <michael+USENET@www.heiming.de> wrote in message
news:q00823-2nr.ln1@news.heiming.de...
> Hi!
>
> Finally managed not to drive more then 100mph between filling up
> fuel. Was mostly creeping with 70-85mph, 29mpg (8.1 l/100km) was
> the result, (2l Zetec DOHC engine), had expected something
> better. Usually get 25-27mpg (8.5-9.5 l/100km) without that much
> care.
>
> What are your experiences?
>
> --
> Michael Heiming (X-PGP-Sig > GPG-Key ID: EDD27B94)
> mail: echo zvpunry@urvzvat.qr | perl -pe 'y/a-z/n-za-m/'


5 speed '01 zx3, have just over 40k on it, been getting pretty much
consistently 30 mpg., generally do 80-90 mph when feasible, mostly freeway
driving with some city driving. Thing is, try to use the shift arrows even
though I have a lead foot. Have no idea what the EPA rating for the vehicle
is, and epa ratings are done a lower speeds, gentle acceleration, etc. No
this from personal experience as I did some driving years ago when FoMoCo
was attempting to get the mileage ratings for the Escort upped, round about
'84, worked for the survey company contracted to do the driving.

John Cairns


  Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 05:01   #3 (permalink)
Michael Heiming
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Fuel usage?

In alt.autos.ford.focus John Cairns <jgcairns@-removethis-sbcglobal.net>:

> "Michael Heiming" <michael+USENET@www.heiming.de> wrote in message
> news:q00823-2nr.ln1@news.heiming.de...
>> Hi!
>>
>> Finally managed not to drive more then 100mph between filling up
>> fuel. Was mostly creeping with 70-85mph, 29mpg (8.1 l/100km) was
>> the result, (2l Zetec DOHC engine), had expected something
>> better. Usually get 25-27mpg (8.5-9.5 l/100km) without that much
>> care.
>>
>> What are your experiences?


> 5 speed '01 zx3, have just over 40k on it, been getting pretty much
> consistently 30 mpg., generally do 80-90 mph when feasible, mostly freeway
> driving with some city driving. Thing is, try to use the shift arrows even
> though I have a lead foot. Have no idea what the EPA rating for the vehicle


That's close enough to the 29mpg I got with a little care. The
usual 25-27mpg (8.5-9.5 l/100km) always contain a few km with or
near Vmax, then the engine starts guzzling and you can watch the
fuel gauge fall. ;(

[..]

--
Michael Heiming (X-PGP-Sig > GPG-Key ID: EDD27B94)
mail: echo zvpunry@urvzvat.qr | perl -pe 'y/a-z/n-za-m/'
#bofh excuse 144: Too few computrons available.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 07:01   #4 (permalink)
MK
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Fuel usage?


"Michael Heiming" <michael+USENET@www.heiming.de> wrote in message
news:q00823-2nr.ln1@news.heiming.de...
> Hi!
>
> Finally managed not to drive more then 100mph between filling up
> fuel. Was mostly creeping with 70-85mph, 29mpg (8.1 l/100km) was
> the result, (2l Zetec DOHC engine), had expected something
> better. Usually get 25-27mpg (8.5-9.5 l/100km) without that much
> care.
>
> What are your experiences?
>
> --
> Michael Heiming (X-PGP-Sig > GPG-Key ID: EDD27B94)
> mail: echo zvpunry@urvzvat.qr | perl -pe 'y/a-z/n-za-m/'


I've averaged 33.5 MPG (8.5 l/100km)over the past 6000 miles in a 2.0 Zetec
manual trans - usually running on 95 octane fuel.

MK


  Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2005, 15:01   #5 (permalink)
Michael Heiming
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Fuel usage?

In alt.autos.ford.focus MK <mgwkraus@aye-eye-net.net.au>:

> "Michael Heiming" <michael+USENET@www.heiming.de> wrote in message
> news:q00823-2nr.ln1@news.heiming.de...
>> Hi!
>>
>> Finally managed not to drive more then 100mph between filling up
>> fuel. Was mostly creeping with 70-85mph, 29mpg (8.1 l/100km) was
>> the result, (2l Zetec DOHC engine), had expected something
>> better. Usually get 25-27mpg (8.5-9.5 l/100km) without that much
>> care.
>>
>> What are your experiences?


> I've averaged 33.5 MPG (8.5 l/100km)over the past 6000 miles in a 2.0 Zetec
> manual trans - usually running on 95 octane fuel.


Yep, mine is although manual trans, always forgot to point that
out as about 95% of cars <200 or so hp are manual in Germany.

Wonder what mpg those are, the online calculator used by me, 8.5
l/100km equals to about (rounded) 27mpg?

It's a real pity, SI-units aren't used more frequently, there
are a afaik different gallons (UK/US)?

--
Michael Heiming (X-PGP-Sig > GPG-Key ID: EDD27B94)
mail: echo zvpunry@urvzvat.qr | perl -pe 'y/a-z/n-za-m/'
#bofh excuse 146: Communications satellite used by the military
for star wars.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 06:01   #6 (permalink)
MK
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Fuel usage?

>
>> I've averaged 33.5 MPG (8.5 l/100km)over the past 6000 miles in a 2.0
>> Zetec
>> manual trans - usually running on 95 octane fuel.

>
> Yep, mine is although manual trans, always forgot to point that
> out as about 95% of cars <200 or so hp are manual in Germany.
>
> Wonder what mpg those are, the online calculator used by me, 8.5
> l/100km equals to about (rounded) 27mpg?
>
> It's a real pity, SI-units aren't used more frequently, there
> are a afaik different gallons (UK/US)?
>
> --
> Michael Heiming (X-PGP-Sig > GPG-Key ID: EDD27B94)


I was using British gallon - I'm getting about 27 or 28 miles per US gallon.

MK


  Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 20:01   #7 (permalink)
Way
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Fuel usage?

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 20:56:58 +0200, Michael Heiming
<michael+USENET@www.heiming.de> wrote:

>Hi!
>
>Finally managed not to drive more then 100mph between filling up
>fuel. Was mostly creeping with 70-85mph, 29mpg (8.1 l/100km) was
>the result, (2l Zetec DOHC engine), had expected something
>better. Usually get 25-27mpg (8.5-9.5 l/100km) without that much
>care.
>
>What are your experiences?


Pretty much dead on what I get with a 2003 ZTW. Overall average since
new is 9L/100Km. Lots of in town driving with occasional highway use,
where it gets a good bit better mileage.
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.autos.ford.focus



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 00:53.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.