fuse 63 door locks - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.autos.ford.focus
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2005, 22:01   #1 (permalink)
diane
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
fuse 63 door locks

2000 focus se replaced fuse 63 as blown and locks not working. new
fuse lasted 1/2 day and blown again. anyone know why the fuse would
keep blowing

--
Posted using the http://www.autoforumz.com interface, at author's request
Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet standards
Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/Ford-Focus...ict130099.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=633872
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-22-2005, 04:01   #2 (permalink)
Me
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: fuse 63 door locks

Had this problem on mine (UK Model), one of the rear dooor locks was
defecftive and causing the fuse to continually blow.

--

Martin

My address is spam trapped...
....please reply to the group - thanks.



....please reply to the group - thanks.
"diane" <UseLinkToEmail@AutoForumz.com> wrote in message
news:1_633872_66adcebca818a558a0f169d3d8ab426c@autoforumz.com...
> 2000 focus se replaced fuse 63 as blown and locks not working. new
> fuse lasted 1/2 day and blown again. anyone know why the fuse would
> keep blowing
>
> --
> Posted using the http://www.autoforumz.com interface, at author's request
> Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet standards
> Topic URL:
> http://www.autoforumz.com/Ford-Focus...ict130099.html
> Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:
> http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=633872



  Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 22:01   #3 (permalink)
Basic Wedge
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: fuse 63 door locks

I had that problem too - a corroded rear door lock. I R+R'd mine, but it is
currently the subject of a recall (in Canada, at least), so I'll be letting
the dealer check my locks over.

Rob

------------------------

"Me" wrote ...
> Had this problem on mine (UK Model), one of the rear dooor locks was
> defecftive and causing the fuse to continually blow.
>
> Martin
>
> > "diane" wrote ...
>> 2000 focus se replaced fuse 63 as blown and locks not working. new
>> fuse lasted 1/2 day and blown again. anyone know why the fuse would
>> keep blowing



  Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 20:01   #4 (permalink)
Bill M.
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: fuse 63 door locks

I have a 2001 wagon (us). Where is #63. It is not on the front or back, as
listed in the manual. I purchased a black box for the rear. No luck

Bill


  Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 03:01   #5 (permalink)
Alan
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: fuse 63 door locks

In message <RaadnbNSG45lEXTfRVn-2A@comcast.com>, Bill M.
<fibbermcg@yahoo.com> wrote
>I have a 2001 wagon (us). Where is #63. It is not on the front or back, as
>listed in the manual. I purchased a black box for the rear. No luck
>


As other have said previously in this forum the fuse can be difficult to
find as its on the back of the fuse panel often hidden beneath all of
the wires. You have to carefully move the wires to find the fuse.

On a European car the fuse panel can be accessed by swinging down the
glove box. I believe that on a US car it may be behind a panel in the
drivers foot-well.

The fuse is 20Amps and yellow in colour.

If the black box was on the back of the fuse panel then I suspect that
you've just replaced the central timing module. It's responsible for the
time control elements for the heated rear windscreen, interior lights
and intermittent wiper operation. The module also activates a warning
buzzer/chime for lights left on and, on a car with automatic
transmission, it activates a warning if not parked with the selector in
the P position.


--
Alan
mailto:news2me_a_2003@amacleod.clara.co.uk
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.autos.ford.focus



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 23:32.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.