Speed - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.autos.ford.focus
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2005, 10:01   #1 (permalink)
EZM
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Speed

how do i get my car to go faster then 110
if my car top speed is 140

  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-19-2005, 23:01   #2 (permalink)
Roarmeister
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Speed

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 11:35:22 -0400, "EZM" <zuniga1984@hotmail.com> wrote:

>how do i get my car to go faster then 110
>if my car top speed is 140


Get a new engine computer chip. It is set at the factory for max. 106 mph
google Diablo chip
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 13:01   #3 (permalink)
Ed
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Speed

If you have a Focus your top speed is nowhere close to 140 assuming we are
talking about MPH. You'd need about 200hp at the wheels to see 140 mph in a
Focus....


"EZM" <zuniga1984@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:3d820b6fe3ae7d2c742ffc9ba1299109@localhost.talkaboutautos.com...
> how do i get my car to go faster then 110
> if my car top speed is 140
>
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 18:01   #4 (permalink)
me/2
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Speed

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 18:06:46 GMT, "Ed" <glamdring@5hotmail.com> wrote:

:>If you have a Focus your top speed is nowhere close to 140 assuming we are
:>talking about MPH. You'd need about 200hp at the wheels to see 140 mph in a
:>Focus....

Not completely true. :-) The SVT Focus is good for 135-140 MPH per
SVT. Mine has seen 125+ MPH on the track before running out of
straightaway. That's with 170 HP at the engine and around 145-150 HP
on the ground.

me/2

:>"EZM" <zuniga1984@hotmail.com> wrote in message
:>news:3d820b6fe3ae7d2c742ffc9ba1299109@localhost.talkaboutautos.com...
:>> how do i get my car to go faster then 110
:>> if my car top speed is 140
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 14:01   #5 (permalink)
Mike Hunter
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Speed

The top speed by law is limit at a ratio set by the rating of the tires on
the vehicle when it was new. Those that are not governed by the limiter
must have a least 'Z' rated tires.

mike hunt


"me/2" <null@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
news:noulk15tv81rtrmtvgtbvakhcb0lqa2mrt@4ax.com...
> On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 18:06:46 GMT, "Ed" <glamdring@5hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> :>If you have a Focus your top speed is nowhere close to 140 assuming we
> are
> :>talking about MPH. You'd need about 200hp at the wheels to see 140 mph
> in a
> :>Focus....
>
> Not completely true. :-) The SVT Focus is good for 135-140 MPH per
> SVT. Mine has seen 125+ MPH on the track before running out of
> straightaway. That's with 170 HP at the engine and around 145-150 HP
> on the ground.
>
> me/2
>
> :>"EZM" <zuniga1984@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> :>news:3d820b6fe3ae7d2c742ffc9ba1299109@localhost.talkaboutautos.com...
> :>> how do i get my car to go faster then 110
> :>> if my car top speed is 140



  Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 14:01   #6 (permalink)
Michael Heiming
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Speed

In alt.autos.ford.focus me/2 <null@127.0.0.1>:
> On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 18:06:46 GMT, "Ed" <glamdring@5hotmail.com> wrote:
> me/2


> :>"EZM" <zuniga1984@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> :>news:3d820b6fe3ae7d2c742ffc9ba1299109@localhost.talkaboutautos.com...
> :>> how do i get my car to go faster then 110
> :>> if my car top speed is 140


> :>If you have a Focus your top speed is nowhere close to 140 assuming we are
> :>talking about MPH. You'd need about 200hp at the wheels to see 140 mph in a
> :>Focus....


> Not completely true. :-) The SVT Focus is good for 135-140 MPH per
> SVT. Mine has seen 125+ MPH on the track before running out of
> straightaway. That's with 170 HP at the engine and around 145-150 HP
> on the ground.


Did test this only twice and got about 132mph according to GPS
out of my 2l Zetec, or 7mph more then the registration says. The
SVT should do of course better. You need an halfway empty and dry
highway, then you can watch the fuel gauge fall.;( One has to
keep much care, others just don't expect a Focus this fast,
presumingly because the 2l engine is sold quite rare over here.

--
Michael Heiming (X-PGP-Sig > GPG-Key ID: EDD27B94)
mail: echo zvpunry@urvzvat.qr | perl -pe 'y/a-z/n-za-m/'
#bofh excuse 194: We only support a 1200 bps connection.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 01:01   #7 (permalink)
me/2
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Speed

:>
:>"me/2" <null@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
:>news:noulk15tv81rtrmtvgtbvakhcb0lqa2mrt@4ax.com...
:>> On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 18:06:46 GMT, "Ed" <glamdring@5hotmail.com> wrote:
:>>
:>> :>If you have a Focus your top speed is nowhere close to 140 assuming we
:>> are
:>> :>talking about MPH. You'd need about 200hp at the wheels to see 140 mph
:>> in a
:>> :>Focus....
:>>
:>> Not completely true. :-) The SVT Focus is good for 135-140 MPH per
:>> SVT. Mine has seen 125+ MPH on the track before running out of
:>> straightaway. That's with 170 HP at the engine and around 145-150 HP
:>> on the ground.
:>>
:>> me/2
:>>
:>> :>"EZM" <zuniga1984@hotmail.com> wrote in message
:>> :>news:3d820b6fe3ae7d2c742ffc9ba1299109@localhost.talkaboutautos.com...
:>> :>> how do i get my car to go faster then 110
:>> :>> if my car top speed is 140
:>

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 14:57:31 -0400, "Mike Hunter"
<mikehunt2@mailcity.com> wrote:

:>The top speed by law is limit at a ratio set by the rating of the tires on
:>the vehicle when it was new. Those that are not governed by the limiter
:>must have a least 'Z' rated tires.
:>
:>mike hunt

The Contis that come on the SVTF are rated "W" under the current
rating system which indicates a speed of 168 MPH. This is per the
owner's manual in my SVTF I've been told by a reliable source at SVT
that the SVTF in stock form is limited to around 135-140 due to the
aerodynamics. To max out the 160 MPH speedo requres some mods, a
tailwind or a good downhill run. :-)

I've got the mods, now I just need a track with a very long
straightaway. :-)

me/2
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 01:01   #8 (permalink)
me/2
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Speed

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 20:55:55 +0200, Michael Heiming
<michael+USENET@www.heiming.de> wrote:

:>In alt.autos.ford.focus me/2 <null@127.0.0.1>:
:>> On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 18:06:46 GMT, "Ed" <glamdring@5hotmail.com> wrote:
:>> me/2
:>
:>> :>"EZM" <zuniga1984@hotmail.com> wrote in message
:>> :>news:3d820b6fe3ae7d2c742ffc9ba1299109@localhost.talkaboutautos.com...
:>> :>> how do i get my car to go faster then 110
:>> :>> if my car top speed is 140
:>
:>> :>If you have a Focus your top speed is nowhere close to 140 assuming we are
:>> :>talking about MPH. You'd need about 200hp at the wheels to see 140 mph in a
:>> :>Focus....
:>
:>> Not completely true. :-) The SVT Focus is good for 135-140 MPH per
:>> SVT. Mine has seen 125+ MPH on the track before running out of
:>> straightaway. That's with 170 HP at the engine and around 145-150 HP
:>> on the ground.
:>
:>Did test this only twice and got about 132mph according to GPS
:>out of my 2l Zetec, or 7mph more then the registration says. The
:>SVT should do of course better. You need an halfway empty and dry
:>highway, then you can watch the fuel gauge fall.;( One has to
:>keep much care, others just don't expect a Focus this fast,
:>presumingly because the 2l engine is sold quite rare over here.

It's just the opposite on this side of the pond. Every US Focus has
had either the 2.0 SPI, 2.0 Zetec, 2.0 Duratec or 2.3 Duratec.

As for top speed, as I noted in another message, the SVTF is
aerodynamically speed limited to around 135-140 MPH in factory stock
form. This info is from SVT. I'm sure they're a bit conservative in
their numbers. I suspect that under the right conditions it wouldn't
be too difficult to peg the 160 MPH speedo. I know of modified SVTFs
that have done it easily.

me/2
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 02:01   #9 (permalink)
Vic Dura
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Speed

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 23:15:59 -0700, me/2 <null@127.0.0.1> wrote Re Re:
Speed:

>It's just the opposite on this side of the pond. Every US Focus has
>had either the 2.0 SPI, 2.0 Zetec, 2.0 Duratec or 2.3 Duratec.


How can one determine which engine is in the '05 ST/ZX4 with 5spd
transmission?
--
To email me directly, remove CLUTTER.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 10:01   #10 (permalink)
me/2
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Speed

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 02:00:02 -0500, Vic Dura
<vpdura@CLUTTERhiwaay.net> wrote:

:>On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 23:15:59 -0700, me/2 <null@127.0.0.1> wrote Re Re:
:>Speed:
:>
:>>It's just the opposite on this side of the pond. Every US Focus has
:>>had either the 2.0 SPI, 2.0 Zetec, 2.0 Duratec or 2.3 Duratec.
:>
:>How can one determine which engine is in the '05 ST/ZX4 with 5spd
:>transmission?

The US '05s have either the 2.0 Duratec or the 2.3 Duratec. As for
the ZX4 ST model it comes with the 2.3 Duratec at something like
150-155 HP. This is the only "perfromance" model of Focus for "05 in
the US.

Hope that helps.

me/2
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.autos.ford.focus



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:54.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.