1993 Taurus wagon - gear shift - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.autos.ford
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2005, 22:01   #1 (permalink)
ecm
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
1993 Taurus wagon - gear shift

Today I started having trouble with my gear shift (automatic) Locking in
Park.

When I press down the brake pedal many times it will release the gear shift.

Can someone tell me if this is a sensor or an electrical part?

What is causing this to happen and what can I do fix it.

Please help - it's driving me up the wall.

Thanks in advance.

Eric


  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-17-2005, 01:01   #2 (permalink)
Shoe Salesman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 1993 Taurus wagon - gear shift


"ecm" <ecm@accesswave.ca> wrote in message
news:PANof.16581$lv3.4225@clgrps12...
> Today I started having trouble with my gear shift (automatic) Locking in
> Park.
>
> When I press down the brake pedal many times it will release the gear
> shift.
>
> Can someone tell me if this is a sensor or an electrical part?
>
> What is causing this to happen and what can I do fix it.
>
> Please help - it's driving me up the wall.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Eric

It could be the brake switch on the pedal bracket or the soleniod in the
column OR wiring in between. Check the brake switch first cause its easier
to get to. A good shot of lube might be all that is needed if its the
solenoid. It is possible its a cable driven release but I don't think so on
the Taurus. It is also possible its a solenoid with a cable too in which
case lubing the cable would help alot.


  Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 05:01   #3 (permalink)
Backyard Mechanic
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 1993 Taurus wagon - gear shift

"Shoe Salesman" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote:

>
> "ecm" <ecm@accesswave.ca> wrote in message
> news:PANof.16581$lv3.4225@clgrps12...
>> Today I started having trouble with my gear shift (automatic)
>> Locking in Park.
>>
>> When I press down the brake pedal many times it will release the gear
>> shift.
>>
>> Can someone tell me if this is a sensor or an electrical part?


> It could be the brake switch on the pedal bracket or the soleniod in
> the column OR wiring in between. Check the brake switch first cause
> its easier to get to. A good shot of lube might be all that is needed
> if its the solenoid. It is possible its a cable driven release but I
> don't think so on the Taurus. It is also possible its a solenoid with
> a cable too in which case lubing the cable would help alot.
>


from brake pedal, look up pedal arm to find the switch... often the wire
into switch breaks.

you'll know it's the switch if your brake lights are also intermittent

--
Yeh, I'm a Krusty old Geezer, putting up with my 'smartass' is the price
you pay..DEAL with it!
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.autos.ford

Related Reading: 1993 Taurus wagon - gear shift


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 19:41.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.