1998 Ford taurus- check engine light - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.autos.ford
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2005, 14:01   #1 (permalink)
Larry P
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
1998 Ford taurus- check engine light

Hello all

I have some bad news abuot my car. The check engine light came on about 3
days ago and I had no symptoms, the Car drove and rode fine. Nothing changed

Now the engine is over heating and the anti-freeze looks like chocolate
milk. THats a really bad sign. Someone told me the Block might have cracked,
but the engine never got above normal driving temps. ANother person said it
might be just a Head Gasket. whats does anyone out there think. I have a gut
feeling it isnt good.


Thanks


  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-20-2005, 14:01   #2 (permalink)
Rodney
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 1998 Ford taurus- check engine light

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 20:25:57 +0000, Larry P wrote:

> Hello all
>
> I have some bad news abuot my car. The check engine light came on about 3
> days ago and I had no symptoms, the Car drove and rode fine. Nothing changed
>
> Now the engine is over heating and the anti-freeze looks like chocolate
> milk. THats a really bad sign. Someone told me the Block might have cracked,
> but the engine never got above normal driving temps. ANother person said it
> might be just a Head Gasket. whats does anyone out there think. I have a gut
> feeling it isnt good.
>
>
> Thanks



You should not start the engine again until it is repaired. Coolant in
your engine oil will cause major damage. The damage might be done
already. You likely have a bad head gasket, particularly if your engine
is the 3.8.

Rodney
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 16:01   #3 (permalink)
3 dog nite@swatch.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 1998 Ford taurus- check engine light

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 20:25:57 GMT, "Larry P" <lpagano@nyc.rr.com>
wrote:

>Hello all
>
>I have some bad news abuot my car. The check engine light came on about 3
>days ago and I had no symptoms, the Car drove and rode fine. Nothing changed
>
>Now the engine is over heating and the anti-freeze looks like chocolate
>milk. THats a really bad sign. Someone told me the Block might have cracked,
>but the engine never got above normal driving temps. ANother person said it
>might be just a Head Gasket. whats does anyone out there think. I have a gut
>feeling it isnt good.
>
>
>Thanks
>

lmfao
typical pos of ford crap

  Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 21:01   #4 (permalink)
Larry P
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 1998 Ford taurus- check engine light

The Engine I have is the 3.0

Larry



<3 dog nite@swatch.com> wrote in message
news:em0s3157vdiktl83d8buk6a8g56egbgl85@4ax.com...
> On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 20:25:57 GMT, "Larry P" <lpagano@nyc.rr.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Hello all
>>
>>I have some bad news abuot my car. The check engine light came on about 3
>>days ago and I had no symptoms, the Car drove and rode fine. Nothing
>>changed
>>
>>Now the engine is over heating and the anti-freeze looks like chocolate
>>milk. THats a really bad sign. Someone told me the Block might have
>>cracked,
>>but the engine never got above normal driving temps. ANother person said
>>it
>>might be just a Head Gasket. whats does anyone out there think. I have a
>>gut
>>feeling it isnt good.
>>
>>
>>Thanks
>>

> lmfao
> typical pos of ford crap
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 21:01   #5 (permalink)
trainfan1
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 1998 Ford taurus- check engine light

Rodney wrote:

The damage might be done
> already. You likely have a bad head gasket, particularly if your engine
> is the 3.8.
>
> Rodney


That would be a rare Bull...

Rob
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 21:01   #6 (permalink)
Jeff
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 1998 Ford taurus- check engine light


"Larry P" <lpagano@nyc.rr.com> wrote in message
news:0ro%d.45655$534.10311@twister.nyc.rr.com...
> The Engine I have is the 3.0
>
> Larry


The Duratec or the Vulcan. I hope the Vulcan. They are much cheaper to fix.
Plus, I have a Duratec in my car.

Jeff

>
> <3 dog nite@swatch.com> wrote in message
> news:em0s3157vdiktl83d8buk6a8g56egbgl85@4ax.com...
>> On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 20:25:57 GMT, "Larry P" <lpagano@nyc.rr.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Hello all
>>>
>>>I have some bad news abuot my car. The check engine light came on about 3
>>>days ago and I had no symptoms, the Car drove and rode fine. Nothing
>>>changed
>>>
>>>Now the engine is over heating and the anti-freeze looks like chocolate
>>>milk. THats a really bad sign. Someone told me the Block might have
>>>cracked,
>>>but the engine never got above normal driving temps. ANother person said
>>>it
>>>might be just a Head Gasket. whats does anyone out there think. I have a
>>>gut
>>>feeling it isnt good.
>>>
>>>
>>>Thanks
>>>

>> lmfao
>> typical pos of ford crap
>>

>
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 21:01   #7 (permalink)
Rodney
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 1998 Ford taurus- check engine light

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 20:27:50 -0500, trainfan1 wrote:

> Rodney wrote:
>
> The damage might be done
>> already. You likely have a bad head gasket, particularly if your engine
>> is the 3.8.
>>
>> Rodney

>
> That would be a rare Bull...
>
> Rob


Yeah I guess so. :)

Rodney

  Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 21:01   #8 (permalink)
Jim Warman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 1998 Ford taurus- check engine light

What on earth is a "pos" of crap?

> >

> lmfao
> typical pos of ford crap
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 21:01   #9 (permalink)
Some ga
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 1998 Ford taurus- check engine light

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 02:08:12 GMT, "Jim Warman"
<mechanic@tenalpsulet.net> wrote:

>What on earth is a "pos" of crap?
>
>> >

>> lmfao
>> typical pos of ford crap
>>

>

I believe that's been proofed by the redundant educational school of
redundancy.
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.autos.ford



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 21:11.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.