2001 Taurus heater problem - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.autos.ford
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2005, 13:01   #1 (permalink)
Finnick
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
2001 Taurus heater problem

Hi there, I have 2001 Taurus that the heater does not seem to give hot air
for some reason. I remember it used to when I first got the car a year and
a half ago, but now the heater gives warm air, not completely hot. This is
even though the hoses to the heater are hot and the engine is hot and the
guage shows the engine tempertaure as being normal. Any ideas how to
start chasing the problem? I looked behing the glove box and I couldn't
even find the blend door, but that does work somewhat since I can switch
between cold and warm. Thanks a lot for your help!

  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-05-2005, 15:01   #2 (permalink)
Backyard Mechanic
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 2001 Taurus heater problem

"Finnick" <njlahtinen@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there, I have 2001 Taurus that the heater does not seem to give
> hot air for some reason. I remember it used to when I first got the
> car a year and a half ago, but now the heater gives warm air, not
> completely hot. This is even though the hoses to the heater are hot
> and the engine is hot and the guage shows the engine tempertaure as
> being normal. Any ideas how to start chasing the problem? I looked
> behing the glove box and I couldn't even find the blend door, but that
> does work somewhat since I can switch between cold and warm. Thanks a
> lot for your help!
>


Look on here:

http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/inde...howtopic=28083

Your problem is quite common as you can see if you read all the taurus
and heater posts on here.. I'm coming to an opinion that the yellow stuff
Ford was pushing is the culprit.

Mind that running a garden hose through the core and getting good flow
doesnt mean much.

Think about how little you really need to get good flow.

Ret of you... dunno if it would do any good, but getting a really
thorough flush and using Gree AF after might be a good idea.

Though it could accelerate the problem.
--
Yeh, I'm a Krusty old Geezer, putting up with my 'smartass' is the price
you pay..DEAL with it!
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 15:01   #3 (permalink)
Backyard Mechanic
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 2001 Taurus heater problem

Backyard Mechanic <pettyfog@yaywho.com> wrote:

> "Finnick" <njlahtinen@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi there, I have 2001 Taurus that the heater does not seem to give
>> hot air for some reason.

>
> Your problem is quite common as you can see if you read all the taurus
> and heater posts on here.. I'm coming to an opinion that the yellow
> stuff Ford was pushing is the culprit.
>
> Mind that running a garden hose through the core and getting good flow
> doesnt mean much.
>
> Think about how little you really need to get good flow.
>
> Ret of you... dunno if it would do any good, but getting a really
> thorough flush and using Gree AF after might be a good idea.
>
> Though it could accelerate the problem.


Some reading, here... but I dont think it adequately covers the issue
copy/paste both lines

http://www.motorage.com/motorage/dat...age/162005/156
227/article.pdf

--
Yeh, I'm a Krusty old Geezer, putting up with my 'smartass' is the price
you pay..DEAL with it!
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 11:01   #4 (permalink)
Finnick
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 2001 Taurus heater problem

Hi there;
Thanks for the info and the reading, that was helpful, I did solve the
problem at least somewhat for now by putting a flow restrictor into the
bypass tube of the heater core. That helps a great deal, it is still
somewhat slow in getting hot when it is really cold, about -5F, I am not
sure why that is. The engine doesn't have the Ford yellow stuff in it, it
has the regular green coolant, but it seems to be good to go for now.

  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.autos.ford



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:19.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.