2002 Crown Victoria Heater Blower Switch - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-02-05, 02:01 PM
hotrod72
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
2002 Crown Victoria Heater Blower Switch

How do you remove dash access panel to remove and replace blower switch?



 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-02-05, 04:01 PM
Backyard Mechanic
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 2002 Crown Victoria Heater Blower Switch

"hotrod72" <oldsod2@aol.com> wrote in news:b6ff19ad1cebf907f77237d56c93d0e1
@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

> How do you remove dash access panel to remove and replace blower switch?
>
>


are you sure it's the switch?
 
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-02-05, 07:01 PM
hotrod72
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 2002 Crown Victoria Heater Blower Switch

I Have unpluged the blower motor and run a jumper wire with ground to the
motor and the motor works fine. The fuse is ok. The EATC seems ok. When
EATC is selected for AC the compressor kicks-in but no blower automatic
control or manual. Panel shows outside temp. All controls work but no
blower so I assume it is the blower switch. I cannot find any screws to
remove access panel.

 
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-02-05, 07:01 PM
Tom Adkins
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 2002 Crown Victoria Heater Blower Switch

hotrod72 wrote:
> I Have unpluged the blower motor and run a jumper wire with ground to the
> motor and the motor works fine. The fuse is ok. The EATC seems ok. When
> EATC is selected for AC the compressor kicks-in but no blower automatic
> control or manual. Panel shows outside temp. All controls work but no
> blower so I assume it is the blower switch. I cannot find any screws to
> remove access panel.
>


Aahh, you have EATC. Get a factory shop manual and check the Blower Speed
Controller. Fairly common failure item on EATC systems. The switch carries very little
current and rarely fails.
 
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-03-05, 10:01 AM
hotrod72
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 2002 Crown Victoria Heater Blower Switch

Unable to locate factory shop manual. Dealer may be only option. My owners
manual seems to say the EATC will maintain a selected temp and
automatically control air flow and you can overide auto operation with any
of the overide controls or the fan speed. Owners manual says Fan speed
remains automatic unless the fan speed thumb wheel is turned or the
steering wheel fan speed control is pressed. The manual control selection
works every thing except the fan.

 
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-04-05, 02:01 AM
Paul of Dayon
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 2002 Crown Victoria Heater Blower Switch

www.helminc.com

PoD


"hotrod72" <oldsod2@aol.com> wrote in message
news:77fbc5ac8257e24139c5c318f7bdafbf@localhost.talkaboutautos.com...
> Unable to locate factory shop manual. Dealer may be only option. My
> owners
> manual seems to say the EATC will maintain a selected temp and
> automatically control air flow and you can overide auto operation with any
> of the overide controls or the fan speed. Owners manual says Fan speed
> remains automatic unless the fan speed thumb wheel is turned or the
> steering wheel fan speed control is pressed. The manual control selection
> works every thing except the fan.
>



 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.autos.ford


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome