66 6f hcs has a brilliant idea - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.autos.ford
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2005, 00:10   #1 (permalink)
hueydewyandlouie@yahoo.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
66 6f hcs has a brilliant idea

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 23:40:59 -0600, "66 6F HCS"
<92bottledance_spammit_@comcast.net> wrote:

>
>I wasn't trying to belittle your post. Yes, as a visual deterrent, thieves
>looking for a quick buck would probably move on, but there are those stupid
>thieves out there who actually think they might be able to get the car and
>would end up trashing it in the process.
>
>I prefer something visible, yes, but not a visible thing that could
>potentially trash my car at the same time. I'm thinking a cheap alarm with a
>blinking light (or just a blinking light if you're REALLY cheap) would be
>decent as a visual deterrent, along with something that the car truly
>couldn't go without. If I park somewhere I don't trust 100%, I pull the
>rotor. Cheap insurance. This lets the motor turn over but not start. It's
>now taken him some time to figure out why the car won't start. Time is his
>enemy. Unless he carries a SBF rotor in his pocket, the more time he spends
>trying to steal the car the more likely he'll get caught.


thats advice ...pull the rotor
did ya think of that one yourself
lmfao
what a foctard
its called an ignition kill switch
hook one under dash or seat
YA FOCKTARD
lmfao

U GO GIRL
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-14-2005, 08:01   #2 (permalink)
Dodge-Him
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 66 6f hcs has a brilliant idea

One of the first things crooks do is look for the kill switch in the
usual suspect places!!!
They don't like cars that won't start and sometimes trash them as
punishment for fooling them.
The rotor is a very good ides I once took mine from the Toronto Area to
the Vancouver in my suit case Just because I could flip it in there! It
was a dual point Mallory and would have been real hard to replace.
Also chained the hood down with a paddle lock. This was after my car was
stolen and partially stripped!
Dodgem

hueydewyandlouie@yahoo.com wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 23:40:59 -0600, "66 6F HCS"
> <92bottledance_spammit_@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>
>>I wasn't trying to belittle your post. Yes, as a visual deterrent, thieves
>>looking for a quick buck would probably move on, but there are those stupid
>>thieves out there who actually think they might be able to get the car and
>>would end up trashing it in the process.
>>
>>I prefer something visible, yes, but not a visible thing that could
>>potentially trash my car at the same time. I'm thinking a cheap alarm with a
>>blinking light (or just a blinking light if you're REALLY cheap) would be
>>decent as a visual deterrent, along with something that the car truly
>>couldn't go without. If I park somewhere I don't trust 100%, I pull the
>>rotor. Cheap insurance. This lets the motor turn over but not start. It's
>>now taken him some time to figure out why the car won't start. Time is his
>>enemy. Unless he carries a SBF rotor in his pocket, the more time he spends
>>trying to steal the car the more likely he'll get caught.

>
>
> thats advice ...pull the rotor
> did ya think of that one yourself
> lmfao
> what a foctard
> its called an ignition kill switch
> hook one under dash or seat
> YA FOCKTARD
> lmfao
>
> U GO GIRL


  Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 16:01   #3 (permalink)
hueydewyandlouie@yahoo.com
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 66 6f hcs has a brilliant idea

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 10:42:45 -0400, Dodge-Him
<Hemi'sRule@Dodgeland.ca> wrote:

>One of the first things crooks do is look for the kill switch in the
>usual suspect places!!!
>They don't like cars that won't start and sometimes trash them as
>punishment for fooling them.
>The rotor is a very good ides I once took mine from the Toronto Area to
>the Vancouver in my suit case Just because I could flip it in there! It
>was a dual point Mallory and would have been real hard to replace.
>Also chained the hood down with a paddle lock. This was after my car was
>stolen and partially stripped!
>Dodgem
>


if their smart enough to find where I hide the kill switch
they are pros. and ya dont stand much chance

hurc ast
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 17:01   #4 (permalink)
ArchTaib
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 66 6f hcs has a brilliant idea

hey there, i have a kill switch in my car.. it's not so bad. mounted right
on the dash with the label "foglights". this switch, when flipped, provides
power not to my foglights-- which i wired into the headlight switch...
instead it redirects my 12V starter relay to the rear defroster switch,
which, when pressed in conjunction with my 'foglights' switched on and the
ignition key to the 'start' position, engages the starter motor. two
switches, innocent, right there on the dash. my car has been broken into
twice and not stolen, since the first thefting... though both times they
tried to start it with the column busted open and a screwdriver jammed in
there, with no luck.


<hueydewyandlouie@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:n8lua1tbtf4hofgovnk53hqtrl8je811b2@4ax.com...
> On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 10:42:45 -0400, Dodge-Him
> <Hemi'sRule@Dodgeland.ca> wrote:
>
>>One of the first things crooks do is look for the kill switch in the
>>usual suspect places!!!
>>They don't like cars that won't start and sometimes trash them as
>>punishment for fooling them.
>>The rotor is a very good ides I once took mine from the Toronto Area to
>>the Vancouver in my suit case Just because I could flip it in there! It
>>was a dual point Mallory and would have been real hard to replace.
>>Also chained the hood down with a paddle lock. This was after my car was
>>stolen and partially stripped!
>>Dodgem
>>

>
> if their smart enough to find where I hide the kill switch
> they are pros. and ya dont stand much chance
>
> hurc ast



  Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 19:01   #5 (permalink)
Jim Warman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 66 6f hcs has a brilliant idea

We'll leave the crosspost for now..... something that works great on
distributor cars is to swap the #1 wire and the coil wire in the cap.
Someone will have to be very sharp to notice, the car will appear to want to
start but act like the plugs are wet, checking with a timing light while an
assistant cranks the motor will reveal a perfectly timed ignition system.

If a kill switch is your choice, the switch should go on the ground
(switched) side of the coil. This switch can either gound this terminal or
isolate the terminal. Putting the switch in the powered side of the circuit
is too easy to bypass. Grounding the switched side of the coil can be hidden
in any tach wiring you might have. This type of kill switch will be much
harder to bypass and require diagnostic time that a thief doesn't usually
have.


"Dodge-Him" <Hemi'sRule@Dodgeland.ca> wrote in message
news:lZudnVJbV4ERcTPfRVn-ug@rogers.com...
> One of the first things crooks do is look for the kill switch in the
> usual suspect places!!!
> They don't like cars that won't start and sometimes trash them as
> punishment for fooling them.
> The rotor is a very good ides I once took mine from the Toronto Area to
> the Vancouver in my suit case Just because I could flip it in there! It
> was a dual point Mallory and would have been real hard to replace.
> Also chained the hood down with a paddle lock. This was after my car was
> stolen and partially stripped!
> Dodgem
>
> hueydewyandlouie@yahoo.com wrote:
> > On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 23:40:59 -0600, "66 6F HCS"
> > <92bottledance_spammit_@comcast.net> wrote:
> >
> >
> >>I wasn't trying to belittle your post. Yes, as a visual deterrent,

thieves
> >>looking for a quick buck would probably move on, but there are those

stupid
> >>thieves out there who actually think they might be able to get the car

and
> >>would end up trashing it in the process.
> >>
> >>I prefer something visible, yes, but not a visible thing that could
> >>potentially trash my car at the same time. I'm thinking a cheap alarm

with a
> >>blinking light (or just a blinking light if you're REALLY cheap) would

be
> >>decent as a visual deterrent, along with something that the car truly
> >>couldn't go without. If I park somewhere I don't trust 100%, I pull the
> >>rotor. Cheap insurance. This lets the motor turn over but not start.

It's
> >>now taken him some time to figure out why the car won't start. Time is

his
> >>enemy. Unless he carries a SBF rotor in his pocket, the more time he

spends
> >>trying to steal the car the more likely he'll get caught.

> >
> >
> > thats advice ...pull the rotor
> > did ya think of that one yourself
> > lmfao
> > what a foctard
> > its called an ignition kill switch
> > hook one under dash or seat
> > YA FOCKTARD
> > lmfao
> >
> > U GO GIRL

>



  Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 23:01   #6 (permalink)
Tom Adkins
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 66 6f hcs has a brilliant idea

Jim Warman wrote:
> We'll leave the crosspost for now..... something that works great on
> distributor cars is to swap the #1 wire and the coil wire in the cap.
> Someone will have to be very sharp to notice, the car will appear to want to
> start but act like the plugs are wet, checking with a timing light while an
> assistant cranks the motor will reveal a perfectly timed ignition system.
>
> If a kill switch is your choice, the switch should go on the ground
> (switched) side of the coil. This switch can either gound this terminal or
> isolate the terminal. Putting the switch in the powered side of the circuit
> is too easy to bypass. Grounding the switched side of the coil can be hidden
> in any tach wiring you might have. This type of kill switch will be much
> harder to bypass and require diagnostic time that a thief doesn't usually
> have.
>
>



All of this seems like a lot of trouble when you want to drive the car regularly.
Something I've done is wire the starter crank circiit through a relay in the park
lamp circuit. Won't crank unless you turn on the park\ running lights. Install a
bypass in an out of the way location in case there is a problem.
No add on "kill switch" circuit is fool proof. Most are deterrents and the
effectiveness if ruled by how well you hide the wiring mods. If the thief can't start
the car after a minute or so, he'll give up.( And hopefully not do too much damage
because of his failure). If someone really wants to steal your car, they will use a
tow truck. No anti-theft features can stop that.
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.autos.ford



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:28.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.