88 ranger clutch/starter switch - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.autos.ford
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2005, 11:01   #1 (permalink)
Patrick Siegrist
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
88 ranger clutch/starter switch

anyone out there able to tell me how to replace a clutch/starter switch
on an 88 ranger? I'm having trouble removing the old one from the clutch
pedal. i've cut the 2 plastic ties, unhooked the pin and disconnected
the electrical connector but something is keeping it from unlatching so
i can remove it from the pedal

i'd rate myself as "average" as far as dinking around with my cars.
there shouldn't be anything to replacing it, should there?

thanks,
Pat
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-13-2005, 02:01   #2 (permalink)
doc
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 88 ranger clutch/starter switch

Just disconnect the switch and put a jumper wire in the plug. You don't need
that thing.

"Patrick Siegrist" <patdon@iowatelecom.net> wrote in message
news:db0vgr$lq8$1@news.netins.net...
> anyone out there able to tell me how to replace a clutch/starter switch on
> an 88 ranger? I'm having trouble removing the old one from the clutch
> pedal. i've cut the 2 plastic ties, unhooked the pin and disconnected the
> electrical connector but something is keeping it from unlatching so i can
> remove it from the pedal
>
> i'd rate myself as "average" as far as dinking around with my cars. there
> shouldn't be anything to replacing it, should there?
>
> thanks,
> Pat



  Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 02:01   #3 (permalink)
Rob
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 88 ranger clutch/starter switch

Patrick Siegrist wrote:
> anyone out there able to tell me how to replace a clutch/starter switch
> on an 88 ranger? I'm having trouble removing the old one from the clutch
> pedal. i've cut the 2 plastic ties, unhooked the pin and disconnected
> the electrical connector but something is keeping it from unlatching so
> i can remove it from the pedal
>
> i'd rate myself as "average" as far as dinking around with my cars.
> there shouldn't be anything to replacing it, should there?
>
> thanks,
> Pat


hey maybe this will help
see attached .. its a bitmap its safe

  Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 09:02   #4 (permalink)
Tom Adkins
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 88 ranger clutch/starter switch

doc wrote:
> Just disconnect the switch and put a jumper wire in the plug. You don't need
> that thing.
>
> "Patrick Siegrist" <patdon@iowatelecom.net> wrote in message
> news:db0vgr$lq8$1@news.netins.net...
>
>>anyone out there able to tell me how to replace a clutch/starter switch on
>>an 88 ranger? I'm having trouble removing the old one from the clutch
>>pedal. i've cut the 2 plastic ties, unhooked the pin and disconnected the
>>electrical connector but something is keeping it from unlatching so i can
>>remove it from the pedal
>>
>> i'd rate myself as "average" as far as dinking around with my cars. there
>>shouldn't be anything to replacing it, should there?
>>
>>thanks,
>>Pat

>
>
>

But, if you've bought te new switch, there should be 2 tabs to depress and you can
remove it. You can also break off the old one, since you have a replacement.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 19:01   #5 (permalink)
Patrick Siegrist
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 88 ranger clutch/starter switch

Thanks, I may try using the jumper since I haven't bought a new switch.
But I will save your instructions just in case.

Thanks all,
Pat

Rob wrote:

> Patrick Siegrist wrote:
>
>> anyone out there able to tell me how to replace a clutch/starter
>> switch on an 88 ranger? I'm having trouble removing the old one from
>> the clutch pedal. i've cut the 2 plastic ties, unhooked the pin and
>> disconnected the electrical connector but something is keeping it from
>> unlatching so i can remove it from the pedal
>>
>> i'd rate myself as "average" as far as dinking around with my cars.
>> there shouldn't be anything to replacing it, should there?
>>
>> thanks,
>> Pat

>
>
> hey maybe this will help
> see attached .. its a bitmap its safe
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>

  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Fordforums Community > USENET NewsGroups > alt.autos.ford



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:09.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.